Since nobody but me accesses my EHD's (external hard drives) and I'm battling resouce issues already, file protection scans are hogging my resources.

As anything going on my EHD's goes thru my laptop and KAV already, it seems useless for file protection to scan them whenever I bring one online.

So as to stop it, some masking, trusted or rule thing, right? But I find KAV a bit too complicated, so could someone please simply tell me how to stop those scans by setting KAV7's whatevers?

Apologies for imposing on others for my lack of drive, appitude and/or patience.

Edited by wguru

Apologies for the least of issues here, okay non-issue, but when I stop and re-start KAV, the following files are first scanned. Having done nothing to the system myself, yet 7 seconds later, edb.chk is again scanned. What's going on to need the edb.chk scanned again?

As I installed KAV over the top of 6, I'm a little apprehensive about duplicate scanning, especially since I'm pretty sure KAV's main window sometimes doesn't retain the time and date of my last scan (it sort of like updates are

washing the main window's last scan details).

But again, seems like duplicated scanning is going on.

C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0\avp.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\edb.chk

C:\program files\kaspersky lab\kaspersky anti-virus 7.0\Microsoft.VC80.CRT.MANIFEST

C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\edb.chk