Ok, so over the past few days I've gotten messages from Anti Hacker saying that someone or something is trying to hack my computer. It's stopped them every time. But for some reason it is ALWAYS the same exact thing, just coming from differen't IP addresses. This is what is getting blocked when it tries to hack....

4/8/2008 6:46:55 PM Intrusion.Win.MSSQL.worm.Helkern 219.133.37.42 UDP 1434

Obviously the date and time and IP addresses change but it is always the same attack description and same UDP port 1434. It's tried to get through 10 times since 4/3/08. This started happening about 4 days after I installed KIS 7.0.1.135, don't know if that has anything to do with it. I ran a full system scan thinking that it might be a virus but KAV didn't find anything. I'm a little worried it might actually be a virus or worm on my computer that is trying to send something out from my computer to somewhere else. Any Ideas?

I'm using Vista, and also have Spybot S&D that I use when I choose to, its not always running.

Thanks Jeremy

On Edit: Forgot to mention that my Internet has been really slow over the past few days. Which is another thing that makes me think its a worm/virus

Edited by imjouster

Ok, so over the past few days I've gotten messages from Anti Hacker saying that someone or something is trying to hack my computer. It's stopped them every time. But for some reason it is ALWAYS the same exact thing, just coming from differen't IP addresses. This is what is getting blocked when it tries to hack....

4/8/2008 6:46:55 PM Intrusion.Win.MSSQL.worm.Helkern 219.133.37.42 UDP 1434

Obviously the date and time and IP addresses change but it is always the same attack description and same UDP port 1434. It's tried to get through 10 times since 4/3/08. This started happening about 4 days after I installed KIS 7.0.1.135, don't know if that has anything to do with it. I ran a full system scan thinking that it might be a virus but KAV didn't find anything. I'm a little worried it might actually be a virus or worm on my computer that is trying to send something out from my computer to somewhere else. Any Ideas?

I'm using Vista, and also have Spybot S&D that I use when I choose to, its not always running.

Thanks Jeremy

On Edit: Forgot to mention that my Internet has been really slow over the past few days. Which is another thing that makes me think its a worm/virus

Im pretty sure its blocking it, and your not infected, but i could see how that message could get annoying.

I get that same attack multiple times a day on my desk top computer, If it is telling you about it then you can be sure its being blocked! In the logs you can see the IP addresses that have been blocked so a small exercise of taking note of the IP address thats attacking you and then checking your log will show the offending IP has been blocked. Although My desk top is running KIS 6 I don't seen to get these warnings on my laptop which runs KIS 7

I get that same attack multiple times a day on my desk top computer, If it is telling you about it then you can be sure its being blocked! In the logs you can see the IP addresses that have been blocked so a small exercise of taking note of the IP address thats attacking you and then checking your log will show the offending IP has been blocked. Although My desk top is running KIS 6 I don't seen to get these warnings on my laptop which runs KIS 7

The thing is the IP address changes every time it happens. I know its getting blocked, I'm just wondering if it might be a virus that I got or worm or something like that. Because I have never had this problem before and all of a sudden its going on every day.

Jeremy

You can receive such messages from Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0. This warning window informs you that Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0 successfully repulsed the Helkern attack and there is no more danger for you PC. You can find the description of this virus in the link: Net-Worm.Win32.Helkern.

Remember: the virus has not intruded your PC and thus your PC is not infected. You are attacked from outside and if you are not running MS SQL server on your PC, this virus cannot do any harm to your computer.

stolen from the following link :

http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279532

Theres nothing for you to worry about.

thanks,

I get the same attacks almost everyday with different IP addresses.

As long as you keep KIS and your system updated you are protected.

As you said, you ran a scan and didn't find anything, KIS is protecting you.

I think of it this way...

When I see the popup telling me that the attack was blocked I know that KIS is doing it's job. ;):)

okey dokey, now I just have to figure out why on earth my internet has been running slower and slower recently. Probably need to fix a couple things. Well thanks, guess I won't worry about it.

Jeremy

I'm also getting this message like many times a day. It only started couple of days ago. So how would I know if I'm using MS SQL server? Is there a way to stop this from attacking?

My Kaspersky is fully updated & even my Windows XP sp2 is fully updated as well but this thing keeps on attacking or coming up for some reason. I just want it to stop.

My Kaspersky is fully updated & even my Windows XP sp2 is fully updated as well but this thing keeps on attacking or coming up for some reason. I just want it to stop.

Read the link.................it's not attacking you.

Read the link.................it's not attacking you.

Where on the link it says it's not attacking me?

Where on the link it says it's not attacking me?

It's random, not targetting you specificly.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.