Sign in to follow this  
dmg

kav7.0.1.325 slows down all computers

Hi Guys,

I purchased 10 licenses for our company for all computers to be protected. Before we had a old mcaffee product installed which couldn't update, so we deleted that on all computers and installed kav7.0.1.325 as i heard kaspersky is the absolute best antivirus program right now.

We run retail pro on two computers, which is running extremely slow now after installing kaspersky. I tried to add the retail pro directory to the trusted zone in kaspersky but it still seems to be slow. Retail pro is a "Point of Sale System" when working with retail pro it opens a lot of files when your managing your items so i heard excluding the directory would help, but the sales people complains that the system is slower than ever before. I also installed the kaspersky on my personal computer, and i must admit its way slower than before.

So is there a way for optimizing kaspersky not to run so heavy processes on the computers?

Cause this is fer sure a issue which started since installing kaspersky. All our computers seems extremely slow.

Hope you guys have some pointers

Thanks for your help,

Daniel

While I don't think it has anything to do with your problem, it appears that you purchased the wrong product for your needs.

As you can see, the license model is more in line for businesses.

Okay, I have the same problem as the original post-er, and I am a business. We are a PK-12 school.

We have 200 licenses, but the software slows down every system. The older computers on our network become useless when a scan or update is running. I have tried altering the update and scan times, but something else is wrong, because the scans and updates always run at logon.

My question is: on a Microsoft Windows network, Kaspersky 6.0 doesn't run or scan when the computer is shut down(of course), or logged off. Can the updater and the full scan run when the computer is locked?

Edited by Randy Newby

Okay, I have the same problem as the original post-er, and I am a business. We are a PK-12 school.

We have 200 licenses, but the software slows down every system. The older computers on our network become useless when a scan or update is running. I have tried altering the update and scan times, but something else is wrong, because the scans and updates always run at logon.

My question is: on a Microsoft Windows network, Kaspersky 6.0 doesn't run or scan when the computer is shut down(of course), or logged off. Can the updater and the full scan run when the computer is locked?

We scan workstations and servers out of office hours. Have it customized so It's not a deep scan of the PC but It would still affect performance of the PC If we were to run it during office hours.

I never trusted the option "turn off computer when task completed" as I've noticed sometimes the task will accidently run during the day for a few clients. I always check the task in the morning and stop it if it over-runs the schedule.

My advice, scan once a month (medium) and quick scan critical areas once a week in the afternoons. Pref fridays at lunch when the users are out :) the quick scan should only take a few mins max depending on the spec of the PC and whats currently running on it.

Use WOL and scan out of office hours. It should work when the computer is locked, hibernated or hdd sleeping I doubt it. Test WOL first and ensure the port isn't blocked on the router etc... KL Labs changed the port WOL uses in the admin kit from 60,000 to 7. It's hard coded into the app so they won't change it back :(

I noticed the dl speeds from KL Labs are slow. What speeds are you getting when you dl via the admin kit compared to KL Labs?

Edited by matt.byrne

I'm not even using the admin kit yet. We have to have our old server reformatted and until that happens (2 day network stoppage) the Server 2000 OS can't run it. I'm trying to have the computer systems run Kasp. while the staff and students are out (early morning and after school) but I'm getting complaints of slow systems; and when I go in there-Kaspersky is running during the school day.

What is WOL?

The whole story that got us here: The old Server OS (no longer being patched) is why we got the W32 downadupB which bred through our shared folders. We replaced our old antivirus because it was out of date, and it let the worm in. Once in, the old A/V couldn't remove the worm. I've been here for a year now, but I didn't realize that we weren't getting any updates or patches against this sort of stuff until it was too late. I'll back off the scan times like you said. (full: once a month, quick: once a week) I've had it turned up full blast to stop the worm that is still on our system. How often so you reccomend that I let the updater run?

I'm not even using the admin kit yet. We have to have our old server reformatted and until that happens (2 day network stoppage) the Server 2000 OS can't run it. I'm trying to have the computer systems run Kasp. while the staff and students are out (early morning and after school) but I'm getting complaints of slow systems; and when I go in there-Kaspersky is running during the school day.

What is WOL?

The whole story that got us here: The old Server OS (no longer being patched) is why we got the W32 downadupB which bred through our shared folders. We replaced our old antivirus because it was out of date, and it let the worm in. Once in, the old A/V couldn't remove the worm. I've been here for a year now, but I didn't realize that we weren't getting any updates or patches against this sort of stuff until it was too late. I'll back off the scan times like you said. (full: once a month, quick: once a week) I've had it turned up full blast to stop the worm that is still on our system. How often so you reccomend that I let the updater run?

Hi Randy, you mention you had downadup virus on the machine, is this still current?

If so you may find using the kidokiller (kk.exe) program will assist in cleaning your network

Please see http://support.kaspersky.com/kis2009/error?qid=208279973 for more details

Thanks

Dz

Hi Randy, you mention you had downadup virus on the machine, is this still current?

If so you may find using the kidokiller (kk.exe) program will assist in cleaning your network

Please see http://support.kaspersky.com/kis2009/error?qid=208279973 for more details

Thanks

Dz

Thanks! :bravo:

I've added that to my toolbox. I can't wait to get this stuff set up and straightened out once and for all!

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.