• Announcements

• Rodion Nagornov

Долгое сохранение сообщений || Delays while posting (click here to read the full text RU/EN)   09/20/2017

Due to some technical reasons visual delays are possible while message sending. Actually your message is published immediately - just interface works long. In such case, please, do not re-send your message immediately! Press F5 to reload the page and check if your message/topic is published. || По техническим причинам возможно визуально долгое отправление сообщений на форуме. Фактически ваше сообщение публикуется мгновенно - долго отрабатывает графика. В случае подобной ситуации, пожалуйста, сначала обновите страницу (F5) и проверьте, появилось ли ваше сообщение. Не пытайтесь сразу отправить его заново.
Ultimate

Many problems after installing and running a scan

I don't even know where to start with this software. I've done a lot of research into this software since installing (because of having so many problems) and have now decided to completely uninstall (from what I understand it's impossible to completely uninstall it though... kinda like nortons) and wouldn't recommend it to anybody.

From what I also see, it's the latest version that is causing so many people grief and Kaspersky has decided to do nothing about it. No taking off the site the crappy latest version and no fixes yet. Just some workaround of copying up a sys file which wouldn't copy on one of the computers I installed on because it was "being used".

Outlook on one computer constantly hangs when closing, firefox and IE are MUCH slower and everything in general seems slightly sluggish. Turning off HTTP monitoring helps but it's still there. Firefox on my other computer now crashes when I download files and I've already uninstalled Kaspersky.. so obviously (like others have said) Kaspersky leaves it's mark on files which will affect them until completely removed (uninstall of other apps).

In my mind the software just is unacceptable in the state it's in and I find it absurd that nothing has been done about it since people have been reporting it.

If I see that others have their problem fixed whenever Kaspersky gets around to dealing with it, then perhaps I'll try again. But I know for sure that the iCheck and iSwift technology will definitely be turned off (even though some report that it doesn't get turned off even when unchecked....) when I do.

On a side note, 12 hours to do a full scan is FAR too long for a laptop... I think it was easily 16 or so on my desktop. Poor poor performance from this software.

Edited by Ultimate

Your personal right not to reccomend it, doesn't mean you are right though :)

* This is a support forum. People don't come here to praise Kaspersky, they come here to sort out their problems. The majority of users who are not having problems never feel the need to post here, making it seem there is a huge amount of problems. The latest version is not "crappy" and works fine for the majority of people, and contrary to your statement Kaspersky has released fixes (either publicly or for testing) for both of the main issues people have been experiencing.

* What is the matter with ichecker and iswift?....... I have yet to see any computers blow up or die or fall ill due to these technologies. The most that happens in a checkdisk stage 2 delay which does not mean that something is wrong.... it is just the extra iswift data being processed (chkdsk doesn't provide a status update while it is doing it).

* Do not rule out the fact that your laptop has some incompatible software installed or remmenants of an old AV installation...if you actually used your first post to ask about your problem instead of badmouthing the program, we may have been able to help you fix it (kinda makes me wonder what the purpose of this post is....)

Finally who exactly are these "others" that say Kaspersky doesn't uninstall properly. As far as I can tell the built in installer works fine, and removes all components that it should. If the uninstaller doesn't work, a removal tool is available for such rare cases.

Edited by MAPKOBKA^^

i have to say that i was disapointed with kis7.0 mp1.

so i reverted back to 125 on this pc and didnt bother trying mp1 on my other pc.

i just think kaspersky released it to early without enough beta testing.

its not surprising thou most companies rush out software these days.

try not to spread rubbish thou.

ive got to say i have had some problems with chkdisc and kaspersky today when i tryed to dual boot windows 2000. i hope kaspersky can improve the speed on the engine in version 8 and get rid of ichecker and iswift. other antivirus software has near the same detection rates without the need for tagging files to speed up a scan.

can someone please give me a link explaining whats the difference between ichecker and iswift?

lodore

Edited by lodore

That's another thing that I've read about Kaspersky, it's that when there is a response form somebody it's usually some form of attack.

I never said a computer blew up or fell ill.. what a stupid comment to make.

The purpose of the post is to raise awareness that there are serious problems with the software and they need to be dealt with. 7.0 is being promoted all over the place right now. If I'm one person that has the guts or energy to even post about it, you can assume that there are hundreds that don't even bother and just uninstall the thing.

Kaspersky would be smart to take note of the exact problems that are happening and look to fix them, not bash the user who is making the comment.

iChecker and iSwift leaves data on files that CAN NOT be removed. That doesn't sound good to me. The main issues I have seen so far with this is that some apps don't work like they used to or just crash upon doing something. Like my outlook and firefox problems. God knows what else is going to screw up..

The "others" are others who post on this forum and for reviews for the software. You'd be smart to be aware of these problems before bad mouthing somebody who is posting that there are problems.

A manager once said to me "once your team stops complaining about you, you have a problem". In other words, if people feel it's not worth their time to complain, it's all down hill from there. If you're looking for a good reputation that is.

Iswift data doesn't harm your files, doesn't corrupt them or alter the structure of the data on the hard drive. Some people do like to exaggerate it's effects and blow the issues completely out of proprortion. If you realise there is only a small minority of people who are complaining, simply because iswift is not an issue for 99.9% of home users who use Kaspersky products.

Kaspersky can and has already taken steps to fix the problems that some people are experiencing with MP1 version .321, and fixes are available for the explorer refresh/browser slowdown (which again, does not affect all users).... Yes, it would have been nice that these were uncovered and or dealt with during testing, but it is being fixed.

Your problems (ie outlook, firefox) could be caused by a number of things which is why I do not understand why a first post on this forum would be so critical instead of asking for advice or seeking help. This is in no way a personal attack on you but I sure wish people would confirm what the cause of their problems are before jumping to conclusions. If you post a GSI log for us, I/others would be happy to look at it and make recommendations if we can on any installed software/hardware configurations that may be causing problems.

The folder refresh issue can be fixed by applying this patch: http://support.kaspersky.com/kav7/error?qid=208279621

Slow browsing/browser response fix is being tested here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=58737 ,and I assume it will be publicly released soon.

I've seen and done all the "fixes". Explorer does improve after putting the sys file in, if you can copy it in... my laptop wouldn't let me copy it in. Crappy workaround in my opinion.

I'd ask for help on the issues but already know the only 2 links on the internet that could possibly help, and you have helpfully posted them (probably for the 50th time this month).

Asking for help doesn't get help as I have seen on Kaspersky's forum. The software needs to be fixed and it's been weeks since these complaints first started coming out. How long do you think people will wait before just moving on?

If you believe that 99.9% of users don't have issues, you are most likely living in a fantasy developer world or something.. Ask some very experienced people on the percentage of people that actually post or notify the developer/company when they have a problem. Usually it's less than 10%. Depending on the software of course. I'm not going to argue with you over this though, it's just a fact that you need to do more research on.

You mis interpreted my 99.9% figure. I was referring to the iswift issue. Most people do not have a problem, because there is no problem. There is a stage 2 delay of chkdsk, but this is normal because of the iswift database which has been built after a scan.

Fixes don't just magically appear either.... even in a "fantasy developer world". Although they are being worked on and in the case of the explorer refresh issue, been issued. All programs have issues, not just Kaspersky. If we all "moved on" as you said, we wouldn't be running half of the software that we all use daily, as they all have bugs.....

Now, do we want help with the original issue or...?

Edited by MAPKOBKA^^

Where is this removal tool? I've searched around but could only find one for 6.0.

I'm still having ongoing problems with both computers.. these issues were not here before installing this program. I completely regret installing it without doing more research. You're right that some people don't have problems, I took the advice from a trusted friend that the software is good but shouldn't have...

Now that 7.0 (the latest problematic build) is being advertised and promoted so much I would expect to see MANY more people having problems.

Anyways, a link to the removal tool would be great. Thanks.

I don't even know where to start with this software. I've done a lot of research into this software since installing (because of having so many problems) and have now decided to completely uninstall (from what I understand it's impossible to completely uninstall it though... kinda like nortons) and wouldn't recommend it to anybody.

From what I also see, it's the latest version that is causing so many people grief and Kaspersky has decided to do nothing about it. No taking off the site the crappy latest version and no fixes yet. Just some workaround of copying up a sys file which wouldn't copy on one of the computers I installed on because it was "being used".

Outlook on one computer constantly hangs when closing, firefox and IE are MUCH slower and everything in general seems slightly sluggish. Turning off HTTP monitoring helps but it's still there. Firefox on my other computer now crashes when I download files and I've already uninstalled Kaspersky.. so obviously (like others have said) Kaspersky leaves it's mark on files which will affect them until completely removed (uninstall of other apps).

In my mind the software just is unacceptable in the state it's in and I find it absurd that nothing has been done about it since people have been reporting it.

If I see that others have their problem fixed whenever Kaspersky gets around to dealing with it, then perhaps I'll try again. But I know for sure that the iCheck and iSwift technology will definitely be turned off (even though some report that it doesn't get turned off even when unchecked....) when I do.

On a side note, 12 hours to do a full scan is FAR too long for a laptop... I think it was easily 16 or so on my desktop. Poor poor performance from this software.

Hi,

do what I did Completely remove KAV from your computer, via, add and remove and c drive, programmes and delete the folder,

then run your computer if all ok, you will know what the problem is/was. It worked for me.

12 hrs to scan? maddness.

Good luck,

Rodfish

Where is this removal tool? I've searched around but could only find one for 6.0.

I'm still having ongoing problems with both computers.. these issues were not here before installing this program. I completely regret installing it without doing more research. You're right that some people don't have problems, I took the advice from a trusted friend that the software is good but shouldn't have...

Now that 7.0 (the latest problematic build) is being advertised and promoted so much I would expect to see MANY more people having problems.

Anyways, a link to the removal tool would be great. Thanks.

Dont get your hopes up.

All 23 members of my game clan have been using 7.321 trouble free since release, on multiple pc's.

I suggest you have your friend come over and install it for you properly.

At the same time, your friend can also show you how to effectively use "search" so as to aid your future research.

Yours truly,

Hill-Billy-Bob