Sign in to follow this  
electro

Problem with update adminkit

I dont know why but since around two-three weeks ago the databases started beeing corrupted. I have done EXACTLY has suggested in the knowledge base but I can't be doing this once a week. More easy to let all the workstations from kasperskylabs instead.(you dont need to go around cleaning all computers just force them to download elsewere)

When will this be fixed???

This problem is fixed, thus you shouldn't suffer from this anymore. If you are facing a big problem to clean out the workstations, you can also create a remote install package and task to deploy over your network.

You'd need to create a command file to use as remote install package, with this code:

@ECHO OFF
ECHO Cleaning Your Kaspersky Anti-Virus Database for new Synchronisation
RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky\Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Workstation\5.0\UPDTEMP

Upload this .cmd file to the Administration kit as a new remote install package (based on an executable), create a task to deploy it, and run it on the machines which have corrupted databases.

Next, change your Workstation policy setting, the tab 'Updates' and change the settings to 'Update from Kaspersky Lab's Update Servers', and modify the LAN Settings if necesary (for proxy servers).

Then, modify the update task for your workstations aswell, and take the same settings as in your policy.

Run the update task (note: after you have ran the above cleaning!) and see if the workstations will update properly.

If you're not sure about this, or hesitate to deploy all this work over your network, contact me first!

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.