nadams

all client updates are FAILING, locking up machines

Hi Guys, this might help.

1. Try to disable the self defence option in kaspersky and then reboot.

2. Now delete the file C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP6\Data\u0607g.xml

3. And then enable the self defence.

4. Click update and see if this fixes the problem.

I also got the guy at kaspersky to send a util which does the above automatically, but will not have access to this until I return to work Friday.

Will Upload then.

Hope this helps

Harps

Hi Guys, this might help.

1. Try to disable the self defence option in kaspersky and then reboot.

2. Now delete the file C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP6\Data\u0607g.xml

3. And then enable the self defence.

4. Click update and see if this fixes the problem.

I also got the guy at kaspersky to send a util which does the above automatically, but will not have access to this until I return to work Friday.

Will Upload then.

Hope this helps

Harps

been there, done that. I did not have any problem with the supplied update. Just created an install task and pointed it to the exe. It self extracts in a different location, maybe that's what your missing? After deploying the fix, create another task to start the antivirus app. once that is done, run an updater task. I've had to run the updater twice to get them all to work. I've had no machine fail on the 2nd update, and I've done 140+ today.

That is what I did last Friday. Followed the provided instructions. Worked very well.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.