Sign in to follow this  
zorro123

trouble updating definitions

I have Kaspersky internet security 6 and I'm trying to update definitions.

It tells me "protection: partially running"

Signatures are corrupted.

Some protection components have malfunctioned.

it tries to do this:

File download started bases/ids/i386/idsbase.kdz

but comes back with this:

Network operation timeout expired http://dnl-eu5.kaspersky-labs.com/bases/ids/i386/idsbase.kdz

What should I do?

Any help appreciated

thanks

Z

I am using winxp

kaspersky 6.0

using none of these:

Anti-trojan

Anti-spam

Process/registry control, like Process Guard, RegDefend, System safety monitor etc.

Backup software

BTW (GSI isn't downloading for me. So I'll have to skip that for now)

Problem is... while updating the definitions I keep getting red exclamation mark with the following message: "Network operation timeout expired ftp://dnl-us4.kaspersky-labs.com/bases/id...sbase.kdz"

that's my problem

plz help if you can

thank you

Z

How do I find out the answer to your question?

"do you have the ndvidia network access manager installed (not neccesary activated)?"

Also I got this message:

13/12/2007 6:50:04 AM Intrusion.Win.MSSQL.worm.Helkern! Attacker's IP address: 219.138.57.207. Protocol/service: UDP on local port 1434. Time: 13/12/2007 6:50:04 AM

Should I be worried?

also I am on dial up.

does this matter?

How do I find out the answer to your question?

"do you have the ndvidia network access manager installed (not neccesary activated)?"

Also I got this message:

13/12/2007 6:50:04 AM Intrusion.Win.MSSQL.worm.Helkern! Attacker's IP address: 219.138.57.207. Protocol/service: UDP on local port 1434. Time: 13/12/2007 6:50:04 AM

Should I be worried?

also I am on dial up.

does this matter?

You uninstall it from control panel Add / Remove Programs. No you should not be worried...1. You're protected by Kaspersky. 2. Just keep windows updated.

Would you again try to uninstall Kaspersky (& ndvidia network access manager too if installed), then after that reinstall kaspersky.

I did manually download this file: idsbase.kdz (65.5kbs) could I manually load it myself?

It's not a correct size. The correct size is 456,017 bytes (for a moment). So the problem is most likely with the slow network connection, which timed out, probably because of high load of update servers (because of the large update).

So, I suggest you'll try to update in several hours when the load on the servers will diminish.

should I stay off the net until then?

and is there any way to download and install this file myself?

Edited by zorro123

Settings-Update-Configure-Update source tab-Define Region-Select a different region-ok-ok-reboot.

unless someone can help soon, then I have to say sorry kaspersky I think I will try a better program, this is just way too much trouble

Z

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.