Interesting that this AM when I started my 2 computers that KIS 7 updated on both. Seemed to take longer than usual.

The laptop required restarting, but the desktop did not. Is that strange? Both were updated yesterday.

Thanks,

Jerry

Yes, that's strange, no restart required on my pc and notebook since the "d" update came out...

My KAV is asking for a reboot... might have been the most recent update :)

Shortly after I posted my destop asked for a reboot. It seemed that the KIS updated twice. However, both have now been restarted. I just thought it strange that one required a reboot and the other did not. I cried "Wolf" too fast.

Thanks for the replies.

Jerry

My KAV is asking for a reboot... might have been the most recent update :)

You are right, just updated to check and restart is indeed required... :rolleyes:

Well, a little more than two months into my KIS7 install I just got a first ever prompt from KIS to restart my puter a few minutes ago. Unusual but it must have been for a good reason.

Could this have been the long anticipated and talked about and infamous MP1 update? :bm:

Edited by bamapete

Could this have been the long anticipated and talked about and infamous MP1 update? :bm:

No, not at all. :)

Well, a little more than two months into my KIS7 install I just got a first ever prompt from KIS to restart my puter. Unusual but it must have been for a good reason.

Usually an update to the attacks signatures if no fix is added, we're at "D" designation for this build (7.0.0.125) = 4 updates/fixes since released.

Well, a little more than two months into my KIS7 install I just got a first ever prompt from KIS to restart my puter a few minutes ago. Unusual but it must have been for a good reason.

No, MP1 will not come via the updater, you will have to download and install it once it's released... ;)

Shortly after I posted my destop asked for a reboot. It seemed that the KIS updated twice. However, both have now been restarted. I just thought it strange that one required a reboot and the other did not.

Let me guess. Your notebook has a 32-bit OS, and your desktop has a 64-bit one.

Second guess (if the first is not correct) - you're running 6.0.1 on your desktop.

Let me guess. Your notebook has a 32-bit OS, and your desktop has a 64-bit one.

Second guess (if the first is not correct) - you're running 6.0.1 on your desktop.

Hi LaRubin,

Both are 32 bit XP running KIS 7.0.0.125 d.

You guessed 100% on the wrong side. :b_lol1:

Regards,

Jerry

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.