Sign in to follow this  
blair

Admin kit "File operation failure"

Have a problem began with Admin Kit about 5 days ago - will not update reporting "File operation failure".

Repeated manual attempts fail always the same. Rebooted system and updated to Ver 5.0.474.0 of Admin Kit - all same results still. Admin kit updates from kaspersky servers as default. Now becoming a major issue as time is slipping without updates! :(

its likely you can find the solution here update problem

Yes - solution worked for the administration server - deleted files/folders as depiected and updated fine - workstations updated OK as well without any change to them.

BUT - (there is always a but :blink: ), we have workstations that are not part of an administrative managed group around thye country that will not update - error is similar - "corrupt files" - Version is WS 5.200. following the "fix" - "remove files and folders in the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\<name of the antivirus application>\5.0\UPDTemp" and updating again does not fix the problem... same error results :( .

Rebooted, overinstalled application and rebooted and tried update - same problem. Uninstall 5.200, download latest version 5.225 and install.... works fine. Problem is that this is a significant time work-around to overcome issue. Any further fixes suggested?

Maybe the steps to take might be of influence here: If you clean-out the Workstations too, then please make sure of these steps:

- Stop all the automatic updating tasks for Administration Server and Workstation

- Clean out the update storage on the Administration Server

- Clean out the update storage and \UPDTemp folder on the Workstation

- Start the task for downloading the updates to the Administration Server

- Start the task for downloading the updates to the Workstation

Should still do the trick :)

Since yesterday evening, my KAV Administration server cannot get the updates, failing with the "file operation failure" as described above. However, the solution referenced above does not work for me. Also, the folks at the KAV personal forum are complaining about being unable to update. Is it possible that something is wrong with Kaspersky Lab servers?

I don't remember having made any changes to the configuration of my Kaspersky administration server lately, the problem just started "itself".

All,

I also have heard reports from customers over the holidays that they too saw the 'File operation error' or errors referrencing a corrupt database. These are customers who have already applied the fix mentioned in an earlier post to this thread. I checked my Admin Kit installation and also rcvd errors in the History file for the Download Updates task (the global task). These errors first appeared on Dec 24th, (error message was 'Current version is newer') then I had several good updates consecutively until Dec 27th when I rcvd a 'File operation failure' error which continued every 3 hours until Dec 28 when the errors again went away. Mixed into the 'File operation error' message was a message 'Current version is newer' and 'Invalid signature' - these two errors appeared only once.

Seems these update errors have been more prevalent the last few months, is there an explanation for this guys?

Thanks!

Mike

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.