Sign in to follow this  
SLoweCSL

KAV admin remote install packages

I seem to be having a problem creating a remote installation package for the push install of KAVWS 6.0.3.837 with the latest version of the admin kit (6.0.1572). I create the package with the option to create it from an executable file, where I select the KAVWS file. It creates the package, but it is creating it incorrect. It will not allow attachment of the license file and it installs only interactivly on the target system.

i have run through the creation a number of times, I don't see what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

post-16923-1196355249_thumb.jpg

You've to depack the downloaded package first and use the .kpd file from that depacked package to create a remote package.

....just read the manual ----> ftp://dnl-eu5.kaspersky-labs.com/docs/eng...dminkitgsen.pdf

Thank you for replying at least. Your telling me to just read the manual, while usually this may be helpful, was not the kind of answer I was looking for. I did read the manual, thanks.

While the following from the manual may be enough for you...

Create a package for Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Workstations 5 using a

wizard. The wizard is started using the Remote Install node in the

shortcut menu.

The .kpd file required to create the installation package is located in the

root of the Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Workstations distribution file. The

license key file for Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Workstations is also located in

this root directory. Specify the license key file used for the operation of

Kaspersky Anti-Virus Windows Workstations.

It wasn't for me as there are 2 options to create the package. The first is "Make Kaspersky Lab's application package" and the second was "Make installation package for specified executable file". The second option is what I was selecting and picking the .exe installation package for the workstation installation. This was the reason it wasn't creating the package correctly. You will notice that the manual does not mention the need to depack the executable file first.

I discoved, no thanks to your helpful suggestion to "read the manual", that when you browse using the first option, the default is to select the .kpd file. If you then select that pull down, there is an option for "Self extracting archive .exe", this is what I was missingin my step. If you select this option and then select the workstation .exe package it will automaticly extract the package for you right there and select the .kpd file for you from the package then allow you to select the license file. There is no need to depack it yourself.

As you can see the manual was less than clear regarding this option. I was able to fiddle with it and discovered the self extracting archive option myself.

Next time less stupid "post icons" and sarcasm in your answer would be more helpful.

Thank You

Hi SloweCSL,

you are right the manual is not very helpful in your case.

I think this FAQ is more helpfully as the manual.

It wasn't for me as there are 2 options to create the package. The first is "Make Kaspersky Lab's application package" and the second was "Make installation package for specified executable file". The second option is what I was selecting and picking the .exe installation package for the workstation installation. This was the reason it wasn't creating the package correctly. You will notice that the manual does not mention the need to depack the executable file first.

I discoved, no thanks to your helpful suggestion to "read the manual", that when you browse using the first option, the default is to select the .kpd file. If you then select that pull down, there is an option for "Self extracting archive .exe", this is what I was missingin my step. If you select this option and then select the workstation .exe package it will automaticly extract the package for you right there and select the .kpd file for you from the package then allow you to select the license file. There is no need to depack it yourself.

The bit about the self extracting archive was exactly what I was looking for...thanks for posting your fix...I am able to push out those updated clients now.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.