Evan

KAV 5 for exchange licensing

Hello,

We are using the exchange server for around 6 months with 7 users. We bought 10-user KAV for exchange licenses.

Several months later, some of our staffs left the company and we already deleted their user accounts. We didn't delete their mail boxes and their mail boxes don't need protection from virus. Can I setup KAV 5 for exchange to exclude these mailboxes and free up some of the licenses?

We have some new staffs and there are all together 11 mail boxes and 3 old mail boxes. We decided to buy additional licenses for that but we'd like to know if we need to buy an additional 10-user license or to buy a new 20-user license in this case. If 10-user license is needed, will we receive one 20-user license file for the server? Will we have to renew all the licenses 6 months later?

Thanks.

Regards,

Evan

Hello Evan,

Move unemploiment stuffs mailboxes into another mailbox store (call it, for example: "ArchiveMDB") and remove KAVE protection from ArchiveMDB.

Thanks. :)

This helps to solve the disabled mail boxes problem.

Any suggestions on the license renewal issue?

I don't know. Please write email to your seller (I think the email shoul be written in the key-file info).

Hello Evan,

Move unemploiment stuffs mailboxes into another mailbox store (call it, for example: "ArchiveMDB") and remove KAVE protection from ArchiveMDB.

Hello,

We are using exchange 2003 standard. As i know, only the exterprise version of exchange can add extra mailbox stores. Is there another way to exclude the old mailboxes from KAV?

Also, we don't have 10 mail accounts but it used up all 10 licenses! Is there a way to check (or list out) which mailboxes are protected by the KAV for exchange?

We are using exchange 2003 standard.  As i know, only the exterprise version of exchange can add extra mailbox stores.  Is there another way to exclude the old mailboxes from KAV? 

As I remember, Exchange Standard can have 4 mdb. Enterprise can have more.

Also, we don't have 10 mail accounts but it used up all 10 licenses! Is there a way to check (or list out) which mailboxes are protected by the KAV for exchange?

Each mailbox store has some special mailboxes for internal operations: SystemMailbox, SmtpMailbox. You can find it here (my picture is from Exchange 200, sorry): post-136-1129271145.png

Edited by DVi

Sorry for late reply. I've checked that we cannot add more mail store on our server.

Standard version of Exchange 2003 is limited to a single 16GB private information store.

Also, I've counted the number of mailboxes (as shown in the screen you've posted) and we only have 18 mailboxes there. The KAV counted 20 mailboxes being protected, which is not correct.

Thanks.  :)

This helps to solve the disabled mail boxes problem.

Ask your seller for additional licenses (10). Hi will give you new key, you should to replace your current key with new key.

After some time old key will be blocked, I think.

Sorry for late reply.  I've checked that we cannot add more mail store on our server.

Standard version of Exchange 2003 is limited to a single 16GB private information store.

Also, I've counted the number of mailboxes (as shown in the screen you've posted) and we only have 18 mailboxes there.  The KAV counted 20 mailboxes being protected, which is not correct.

I will tell ypu some secret: You have 10 % license bonus then app are still working

Sorry for late reply.  I've checked that we cannot add more mail store on our server.

Also, I've counted the number of mailboxes (as shown in the screen you've posted) and we only have 18 mailboxes there.  The KAV counted 20 mailboxes being protected, which is not correct.

You cannot count all mailboxes homed on your server using Exchange System Manager (ESM). Only already used mailboxes are listed there. ESM doesn't display mailboxes that are created but never logged in by user. But system mailboxes are always there, so you can estimate additional license number you need to add.