mehrhart

KavShellEX command line

Hi,

Here is my configuration: 1 FileServer, 25 Workstations , 1 AdminConsole (on the file server) workstation version=5.00.177

I would like to start/stop the real time file protection on a workstation with a script. This because the protection overloads the network traffic during backup zipping procedure (minutes without the protection, hours with, it's incredible). I try to set up the protection (maximal speed, no disk, no network resource) but it's the same problem.

So I would like to use the command line to achieve this control.

Some various command line parameters are visible in the KavShellEX.exe. Has anyone got some knowlegde about this, please ?

Thank you very much.

Manfred

Hi mehrhart,

just use following syntax:

KavShell STOP

KavShell START

Easy going :rolleyes:

...only thing is that the KWSpro.exe will bring up an Error/Info Popup that says that the Realtime-Scanner is disabeld !!

If you use the same syntax in following order you'll not get the message:

KavShellEx stop

KavShell stop

to start -> just again KavShell START but the KWSprod.exe (the tray icon) will not come back! :unsure:

What sort of overload do you have at all or otherwise is the question what programs are running on the machines? Maybe you've just to exlude some things from OAS ((On-Access-Scan) !?!

Hi mehrhart,

If you use the same syntax in following order you'll not get the message:

KavShellEx stop

KavShell stop

to start -> just again  KavShell START  but the KWSprod.exe (the tray icon) will not come back!

- Thanks, but I only have a KavShellEx executable (not KavShell) . And when I launch KavShellEx stop, the tray icon disappear but the realtime protection is still activated.

- for the OAS parameters, I turn on all exclusions, and it does not increase the transfert bandwith.

:(

Manfred

Upgrade to latest version of the KAV Workstation 5.0.225

OK. I've upgraded to 5.0.227. And now all my workstations hang (unhandled exception, blue screen of death...., loading error with BL module ....) during the planned full scan. I've checked the forum about this. I discover some threads explaining problems with PST big files. But WE DON'T USE Outlook, so our .pst are ridiculous small.

I plan to definitely shutdown Kaspersky products. All administrative tasks is time consuming (upgrade fail, database update fail, realtime protection stops on fileserver without reason, so reboot ..)

I'm very sad. :angry:

mehrhart... too bad Kaspersky makes you feel sad...

The kavshell can easily tell you what it is able to do. Simply ask kavshell to tell you what it does, and type:

kavshell.exe /?

And for the other issues imho you'd check the status of your security patches from microsoft on your workstations aswell...

Did you get any technical support for the issues you encountered from your local reseller or the local Kaspersky office?

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.