ok, i get this disk with my Gigabyte mobo. it has kaspersky on it, so i decide to install. It installs just fine. then it goes on telling me the trial period is past due, i need to purchase a key. im like ok fine. i goto kasperskys website and purchase the key for $31.50. They provide me with a link IN THE ORDER SHEET along with an activation code I JUST PURCHASED. So- the gigabyte version keeps asking me for a damn .key file..... when i purchased it, i was provided an activation code along with a link to DOWNLOAD version 6- not a .key file. So i figured the gigabyte version is outdated and proceeded to:

i uninstalled the gigabyte version

installed version 6 from the Download link.

tried to activate using the key they provided, hook up to the server and errors out telling me wrong version- tried a few more times with steps above - no damn luck.

i search this website for what a damn .key file is, found the link to paste my activation code and then to DL a .key file.

i did just that, paste my code in, get the file, try and use in the Downloaded version 6 - tells my WRONG FRIGGIN VERSION AGAIN

then i uninstall version 6- put the gigabyte version back on my 'puter.

try the damn .key file again.

STILL DONT WORK - tells me WRONG VERSION / NOT COMPATIBLE

i try version 7 - STILL DOES NOT WORK - when i put activation code, then send to server, tells me WRONG VERSION FOR THE ACTIVATION code--------------------

Ive sent a couple emails to the US support team, no response.

WTF is going on? they take my money, give my a bogus key that dont work on any versions on this kaspersky ?!??!?

whats goin on??!?!!? my fuse is gettin a little short.

Sorry you are having problems...

Hopefully we can sort you out.

If you have access to the .key file, right click it and choose "Open with"... then choose notepad or a text editor of your choice to open the file.

You will see strings of numbers and symbols, and somewhere on the second or third line, it should state what product the keyfile is for.... can you tell us what product is stated in the keyfile? :)

Kaspersky AV or Kaspersky Internet Security? Two different programs, keys/codes don't interchange. The key that you just purchased is either for KIS or for KAV.

makesnosense, your reply was removed because it did not have anything in it apart from the quote from the opening post... please try to resubmit your post :)

Sorry you are having problems...

Hopefully we can sort you out.

If you have access to the .key file, right click it and choose "Open with"... then choose notepad or a text editor of your choice to open the file.

You will see strings of numbers and symbols, and somewhere on the second or third line, it should state what product the keyfile is for.... can you tell us what product is stated in the keyfile? :)

hi, and thanks for responding so quickly.

as i read it, im getting a key for "I Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Gigabyte International Edition"

ok, i get this disk with my Gigabyte mobo. it has kaspersky on it, so i decide to install. It installs just fine. then it goes on telling me the trial period is past due, i need to purchase a key. im like ok fine. i goto kasperskys website and purchase the key for $31.50. They provide me with a link IN THE ORDER SHEET along with an activation code I JUST PURCHASED. So- the gigabyte version keeps asking me for a damn .key file..... when i purchased it, i was provided an activation code along with a link to DOWNLOAD version 6- not a .key file. So i figured the gigabyte version is outdated and proceeded to:

i uninstalled the gigabyte version

installed version 6 from the Download link.

tried to activate using the key they provided, hook up to the server and errors out telling me wrong version- tried a few more times with steps above - no damn luck.

i search this website for what a damn .key file is, found the link to paste my activation code and then to DL a .key file.

i did just that, paste my code in, get the file, try and use in the Downloaded version 6 - tells my WRONG FRIGGIN VERSION AGAIN

then i uninstall version 6- put the gigabyte version back on my 'puter.

try the damn .key file again.

STILL DONT WORK - tells me WRONG VERSION / NOT COMPATIBLE

i try version 7 - STILL DOES NOT WORK - when i put activation code, then send to server, tells me WRONG VERSION FOR THE ACTIVATION code--------------------

Ive sent a couple emails to the US support team, no response.

WTF is going on? they take my money, give my a bogus key that dont work on any versions on this kaspersky ?!??!?

whats goin on??!?!!? my fuse is gettin a little short.

go to kaspersky support site click on live suppoet an let someone talk u through the process.

makes no sense to me ! :wub::blink:

Hi again,

I am assuming that you had Kaspersky Anti Virus, not Kaspersky Internet Security installed, right? (sorry for the trivial questions, but we need to get them out of the way too)

Hi again,

I am assuming that you had Kaspersky Anti Virus, not Kaspersky Internet Security installed, right? (sorry for the trivial questions, but we need to get them out of the way too)

yes, i have KAV installed from the disk provided with my gigabyte mobo.

yes, i have KAV installed from the disk provided with my gigabyte mobo.

Hi, try these steps:

1. Uninstall any version of Kaspersky Antivirus you've previously installed. Reboot your PC.

2. Download and install this version of Kaspersky Antivirus from Gigabyte web site

3. Use the *.key file to activate the product.

If it doesn't work, please contact:

onlinesales@kaspersky.com

Hi, try these steps:

1. Uninstall any version of Kaspersky Antivirus you've previously installed. Reboot your PC.

2. Download and install this version of Kaspersky Antivirus from Gigabyte web site

3. Use the *.key file to activate the product.

If it doesn't work, please contact:

onlinesales@kaspersky.com

thanks alot for the help, this did work with the key provided.

im just wondering why gigabyte is sending out old versions of the software on the install disks??

-anyways thanks again!

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.