Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ndiggity

Kaspersky 6.0 Stops Internet Connection

18 posts in this topic

I freshly reformatted my laptop and got the internet working on it, got all my windows updates installed and then installed kaspersky anti-virus 6.0. I got it installed and then i was required to restart my lappy. Once restarted, my wireless card found my network but stalls at the authenticating process. I'm sure there is some setting I cannot find to allow the connection or something. Please help! Thank you!!!

I freshly reformatted my laptop and got the internet working on it, got all my windows updates installed and then installed kaspersky  anti-virus 6.0. I got it installed and then i was required to restart my lappy. Once restarted, my wireless card found my network but stalls at the authenticating process. I'm sure there is some setting I cannot find to allow the connection or something. Please help! Thank you!!!

432592[/snapback]

Hi, are you able to access the network if you stop the KAV protection (right-click on the K icon in the system tray and select Exit)?

Edited by skywalker

Hi, are you able to access the network if you stop the KAV protection (right-click on the K icon in the system tray and select Exit)?

I left my computer on for a few hours only to come back and have the net working. Now my next problem. The internet slowed to a crawl after installing KAV. I am running 7.0.0.125 and the latest updates. I disabled the web anti-virus and my internet speed was back to normal. Even with the slider down to the fastest speed for web av, the net was slow and on google looking for images for example about half of the thumb nails would show and the rest wouldn't load. After disabling, the thumbnails popped up instantly. Any help?

Edited by ndiggity

hello

which browser are you using? does this happen with all browsers? How about firewall, what are you using?

hello

which browser are you using? does this happen with all browsers? How about firewall, what are you using?

I use the latest version of firefox. I do have IE7 installed but I don't like ie... And no firewalls installed, I am on a wireless network so the router is my firewall.

Edit: I fired up internet explorer and I do not have this problem. I am not a fan of ie as I have said before, is there any work around so i can use firefox?

Edited by ndiggity

first of all, disable fasterfox is it's installed.

Then in firefox, type about:config in the Address bar and press enter.

In the configuration page look for Network.HTTP.pipelining and set it's value to false.

Restart Firefox.

Edited by Lucian Bara

Wow, you are a genious. I did have fasterfox installed, which I disabled and set that value to false and it did help. Thank you so much! BTW, why does fasterfox have an issue with the web av?

it clogs up the web-av by opening a lot of multiple connections simultaneously which have to be scanned at the same time for malware.

I am having this same trouble. I have attempted to upgrade to v7, but v6 will not uninstall. Microsoft technical support attempted to uninstall so that now the add/remove window cannot find KIS. The Kaspersky Removal Tool cannot find KIS. Yet KIS is scanning and I can enable protection (which blocks the browser).

I am using Firefox (but not Fasterfox), the pipelining is set false. IE is blocked as well.

Edited by docc haynes

Yes, I'll try.

EDIT: OK, I booted into Safemode but could not find the tool (I downloaded to the desktop). I'm an obvious newbie. Kaspersky has been such a good tool for the last year, but now, oh-no!! :wacko:

Edited by docc haynes

If you saved the file to Desktop, in SafeMode, all the icons are usually larger than in normal mode, so all the icons may not fit onto your screen.

To find a list of the icons which should be on desktop, open up MyComputer and then go Up a directory (by clicking on the folder at the top of MyComputer which has a arrow pointing upwards) to find the list of all the icons which should be on desktop.

Windows Add/Remove may not be working because Kaspersky may be on... exit Kaspersky and then it may work.

Thanks. It appears the removal worked, yet the v7 download aborts after it schedules restart and attempts rollback. (?)

Neither did the installation ask for my application code . . .

Success and magic! Update complete and v7 does not block the browsers!

Thank you for your help and kindness, docc haynes

EDIT: Oops, a triple post! I kept getting "Error 504 Gateway Time-out" as the forum is very slow for me right now.

Edited by docc haynes