Hello All~ I am having an issue whereby my Kaspersky (6.0.2.614) is now blocking iTunes Store and media center and Some websites (not all, by a long shot)

with the following message (and what seems to be a pig squealing, classy):

7/24/2007 9:24:21 PM Phishing URL http://ax.phobos.apple.com.edgesuite.net/W...initiateSession blocked

The above paste is from the events log. I can allow or deny, but wtf. This just started and I am concerned~ Is this on my HD? I am running scan and not a thing has shown up (it is like 60% done).

If it is a phishing attack, isn't that when malicious websites redirect you to a page to enter information at a look-alike page? How do I kill this threat?

Thanks for listening, Max

False Alarm. Should be already fixed. Update your signatures it will not appear anymore.

Well, If I click allow, it asks for about 50 clicks for the page to load....

I guess it would have done that before, so negate my last statement.

But while you are listening, do you happen to know why this happens?

I would be happier if I had a clue......

Thanks for your help.

Yeah I do realize that it can be annoying. Unfortunately sometimes legidimate URLs, such as yours are added to the Anti-Phishinig database. That is why the program alerts you. Once the false alarm has been corrected via signatures, you should not have anymore problems using that particular iTunes software smile.gif

It is automated to a point where Kaspersky Labs recieves partial URL lists for potential malicious sites. But they can at anytime add/modify/delete any of those URLs, such as false positives (in your case for example)

That is probably why it is picking up for me here as well. What you need to do in the future is send those URLs by email to the VirusLab (newvirus@kaspersky.com), as I already did this for you. They should correct it in the next update.

I've had the same problem all evening. Kaspersky seems to suddenly recognize the itunes store as a phishing site. I tried updating and rebooting but the problem persists.

I use version 7 and this link is warning me for phising as well. even after the latest updates

I'm in good company then, updating sigs. now.... (3:15 am EST) Still no fix.

What bothers me is the actual URL is REALLY a bad URL, AFAIK. (Edgesuite.net? Where does THAT come from!?)

Argh.

Have a good night.

I'm having the same problem where the iTunes is being identified as a phishing site. Additionally, if I try to click the "Update Software" link for my iPhone, I get the same warning. I've posted screenshots, but you may have to copy/paste the links for them to work.

http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/theNEOone/itunes_phishing2.jpg

http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/theNEOone/itunes_phishing1.jpg

[attachmentid=32882]

[attachmentid=32883]

post-51786-1185370062.jpg

post-51786-1185370082.jpg

I think that the problem has been fixed, because I just updated my definitions/signatures, and I was able to check the iPhone update without any issues.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.