Robert

scanning pst files

Hi everyone,

I have got a slight problem on my hands. I'm working with an XP PRO SP2, 2GHz , 512MB, KAV 5.0.205 Dell. Anyway checking the admin console the system found 108,523 virus infections...which made me fall out of my chair. :blink:

After analyzing what and where the viruses are, I found out that all the viruses are in archived PST files in repreated scanns and Kaspersk cannot disinfect them nor can I delete them.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of the infected messages?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Ronbert

After analyzing what and where the viruses are, I found out that all the viruses are in archived PST files in repreated scanns and Kaspersk cannot disinfect them nor can I delete them.

what is the name of virus? if this is `notavirus`, you can add it to trusted riskaware.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of the infected messages?

i am sorry to say but probabyl the best way would be to set temporary the PST file to an outlook and then delete the messages from the PST fiel manualy. take great care not to run one of those viruses... however since the number is that hight you might consider to simple delete the full PST file.

Thanks guys for your responses.

I was afraid that I would need to rebind the old pst file to outlook and scan/disinfect.

The viruses found are listed below in the order of highest infections to least...just fyi!

Win32.Mydoom.a

Win32.NetSky.aa, q, d, b

Win32.Bagle.a

thanks,

ronbert

Hello.

There are several tools like "RecoveryToolbox for Outlook" which can extract messages,... I suggest a free tool, if you want to use any kind of program for extracting the outlook db (google knows it!).

I recommend you, as already described, to merge the files and/or manually add the pst files and finally scan with KAV to remove them. Currently there is no other solution.

Regards,

dawinci

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.