Sign in to follow this  
lndrtm

KIS or KAV with Windows Firewall?

ok, my question that i typed here didn't go through for some reason....

anyways, what i was asking was, what are your opinions on using KIS vs. using KAV w/ Windows Firewall (or third party firewall). which do you prefer and why?

i'm currently using KAV w/ Windows Firewall (Vista). i tried KIS a few months ago and saw a drop in my internet speed so i got rid of KIS and went with KAV instead. from what i've read in this forum, it looks like KIS used to slow down internet but now it's been fixed?

Edited by lndrtm

Yes. In KIS 7, speed is enhanced due to new/improved drivers. With KIS, you have modular, integrated solution. The windows firewall is very basic. With KIS firewall, you have advanced capability.

so would you guys rather use KAV with Windows Vista Firewall or KIS? i read somewhere that "vista's firewall is like ft. knox".

so would you guys rather use KAV with Windows Vista Firewall or KIS?  i read somewhere that "vista's firewall is like ft. knox".

396816[/snapback]

like ft. knox ? ohmy.gif

Sorry never heard of that biggrin.gif

Edited by Sall

I would feel safe in saying that us guys would prefer to use KIS vs KAV and windows firewall (short answer). My suprise meter would overload and start smoking and imploding if any of this forums users stated otherwise.

Go with KIS, wink.gif there is no way that Windows Vista firewall could be better than the firewall in KIS.

KIS dosen't slow down my internet speed and I'm on dial-up. wink.gif

Firewall in Vista is like a waterfall compared to the firewall in KIS. I would go for KIS 7 if I were you.

so would you guys rather use KAV with Windows Vista Firewall or KIS?  i read somewhere that "vista's firewall is like ft. knox".

396816[/snapback]

That must be on the microsoft homepage !

Together with KAV = KIS im sure its better as Microsoft !

KIS is very friendly to configure, pleasant to use, it has a very good autoprotection and not seems to have bugs to be exploited by the hackers. smile.gif

If you have a router with a hardware firewall, this would be sufficient with Windows Firewall. I've got KIS and I never ever had 1 single attack whenever my hardware firewall was on. Vista's firewall is good because it can block inbound and outbound connections...Unlike XP's...I still use XP so I got KIS...

So if you don't have a router with a hardware firewall, go for KIS!

I had windows vista 64 and symantec antivirus and the firewall. When I upgraded i never felt secure, even though i was behind a router firewall and had windows firewall on. I uninstalled symantec, did symantec removal tool, and install KIS 6 that I bought from COMPUSA, which in fact made me feel alot better than my system feeling vulnerable. To this day I haven't seen on attack on the main screen of the suite and I plan on sticking with KIS till the end.

I had windows vista 64 and symantec antivirus and the firewall. When I upgraded i never felt secure, even though i was behind a router firewall and had windows firewall on. I uninstalled symantec, did symantec removal tool, and install KIS 6 that I bought from COMPUSA, which in fact made me feel alot better than my system feeling vulnerable. To this day I haven't seen on attack on the main screen of the suite and I plan on sticking with KIS till the end.

399985[/snapback]

Hi JamesR. No doubt you will feel even better than that when you upgrade to KIS 7. smile.gif

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.