• Announcements

• Rodion Nagornov

Недоступность форума // Forum maintenance   08/16/2017

В связи с техническими работами форум будет недоступен с 20.00 (МСК) 18.08.2017. Максимальное время недоступности - до 20.00 (МСК) 20.08.2017. *** Due to maintenance forum will be unavailable since 8pm (+3 GMT) 18-Aug-2017. The longest possible time of maintenance - till 8.pm (+3 GMT) 20-Aug-2017.
confused

I need to get rid of Kaspersky

33 posts in this topic

Now KasperskyIS doesn't work at all and I need to get rid of it and go with another program like Norton. I have tried everything, even the program somebody else posted about using. Trojan Guardian or something like that, but that program did not help.

When I try to uninstal KIS, it says that unins.dat is corrupted and the uninstall stops.

I have been a long time user of Kaspersky products and never had trouble like I have had with this program. I understand that beta software is testing of the software more or less, but frankly if this is any example of Kaspersky's customer support and product support, this is the last time I use Kaspersky. All I want to do is uninstal this software, I have seen several posts about this problem, so Kaspersky has to know about it.

Big Time Confused

ok:

1. when running beta software you should always have backup/image and this is not even beta, it is pre-beta

2. even in this pre-beta stage the product is greatly supported on this forum by Dev Team

so I see no reason for you anger because you should be aware what you are doing before you installed it.

for your problem try booting in safe-mode and uninstall/delete Kaspersky related files/folder or simply restore image that you have created before installing this pre-beta... :rolleyes:... if you can not, try installing (btw. which build are you using?) build 195 again, restart and then un-install.

Regards,

vee

Hi!

All I can say is --> Nomen est Omen.

1. As far as I know, there ARE NO "long time user of Kaspersky products" who will ever state "I`ll go with another program like Norton" :-D

2. You do NOT need ANY 3rd party software to fix Kaspersky-problems

3. This is NOT an "example of Kaspersky's customer support", but BETA software

Dear "confused", thank you very much for investing your precious time to beta test our software. I am not aware about your skills of beta testing but anyways, ... if you got a problem with it and can not properly compile a bug report, I would indeed suggest to NOT participate in such matters for your safety.

Hopefully you will get your system recovered soon by (surely available) backups.

Good luck with the next product of choice for the protection of your internet life.

Best regards

this post was totally expected and is totally true :P ... I was just waiting to see who from KL Team would do it... so the award goes to Japan :D:D:D .

Regards,

vee

Oh well, that is sorta true. I don't see any reasons to being rude though.

Hi!

You are right, posting into a Kaspersky forum  like " I need to get rid of Kaspersky" is a bit rude indeed, but well, ... still is a kind of forgivable.

Greetings

:lol:... my type... you wanna marry me :o:P ?

Regards,

vee

ok i will just leave this topic to you girls :D

Oh well, that is sorta true. I don't see any reasons to being rude though.

And neither do i, please keep it civil gentlemen.

I don't think Confused is being rude, he has in fact asked this question before and apparantly something has gone wrong in the communication chain and there is IMO no need to make a mockery of confused's ignorance regarding betasoftware. :)

Confused please check your messages!

@micha

Your reply was rude dude. NOT MINE.

Cheers,

Ludow

EDIT2:

I dont see any reasons to mock posters (beta testers). I saw mischa's post (he/she is labeled as a staff member from KL). I hope u got me. :D

And neither do i, please keep it civil. 

I don't think Confused is being rude, he has in fact asked this question before and apparantly something has gone wrong in communication chain and there is IMO no need to make a mockery of confused ignorance regarding betasoftware. :)

Confused please check your messages!

I don't think anyone is being rude... if you go through 'confused' posts it seems he was given the advice few times and still have/had problems... I think Micha gave valid points as I also did... you shouldn't install any beta (especially pre-beta) software without image/backup... all of us that are beta testing KAV/KIS have had to reformat/restore our windows few times and we didn't threaten to go over to Norton or anyone else... I think that was more rude (to KL Team and all of us that are beta testing) then our 'fun' answers.

my intention was never to make mockery of confused ignorance and I am sure Micha's wasn't also.

but you can not blame us for having some fun in this sad world... so Don please don't be rude to us as we are all the same ...

:o

Regards,

vee

Vee, i'm not being rude to you, look through this thread, a user has problems with an uninstall and yes, he/she might not be well versed in the "rules" of betasoftware, but he/she deserves respect and not advices on marriage/cooking ;) i'm sure you can understand.

Btw. Confused have been referred to a KL-member before, but it seems something went wrong and it may even be my fault. ;)

Vee, i'm not being rude to you, look through this thread, a user has problems with an uninstall and yes, he/she might not be well versed in the "rules" of betasoftware, but he/she deserves respect and not advices on marriage/cooking ;) i'm sure you can understand.

Btw. Confused have been referred to a KL-member before, but it seems something went wrong and it may even be my fault. ;)

again my appologies to 'confused'... no bad intentions... and Don, yes I fully understand, but marriage/cooking was privately between Micha and me, so sorry for that, but what could I do when I found my soul-mate :P:lol: ...

So lets help 'confused' find his way back home (this time not ironically).

Regards,

vee

Micha KL-Japan team. FYI. Peace

EDIT AGAIN:

I am very sorry if caused any bad feelings. Thought we have good and solid co-workers here, like a team. :)

my fault. ;)

i knew it from the begining, it was Don who made us go this far <_<

;)

Hey, i have no problem with anyone in this thread, my ony point is this: A user has problems and there is 22 posts in this thread, not one was helpful to Confused, even if it was quite funny at times. ;):)

P.s. Congratulations on finding a soulmate (wife?), Vee. :)

well as long is we dont get any info back from the user, i support the advice from vee and Afrodude, to try to install the latest version on top and then try to do the uninstall. some more info like what version he has installed would also help...

@Don

well I thought my first post in this thread was giving him some guides and asking him for some more info... and also as saso already mentioned Afrodude told him pretty precisely what he can do... so I am a bit confused by your last post :(.

:) anyway I hope no harm has been done and I move on...

Regards,

vee

well as long is we dont get any info back from the user, i support the advice from vee and Afrodude, to try to install the latest version on top and then try to do the uninstall. some more info like what version he has installed would also help...

I know, Saso, but the thing is that this has been tried before with Confused's installation. Anyway no need for more advices, because Confused has been referred to one of the developers, so he should be in god hands. :)

I know, Saso, but the thing is that this has been tried before with Confused's installation. Anyway no need for more advices, because Confused has been referred to one of the developers, so he should be in god hands. :)

ok to be more constructive... I went through all post fom 'confused' again and I still stay with what I said before... try to install latest build (update from build to build was introduced only in most recent builds, before that you had to uninstall and install again) so that's maybe the reason he couldn't do it before...

just my 2 cents...

Regards,

vee

PS. Who is developer 'confused' was reffered to? I hope Micha :lol: (sorry)

Thank you, all, for a very useful thread from the developers side.. :huh: ... :D

You think Grnic? :blink:

Maybe we should have more discussions of this sort :wacko: .

@vee (you seem creative :) ), start a thread with similar content, lets see what happens