After installing KIS 7.0.0.125 I couldn't access my workgroup anymore, I found out that the Kaspersky Anti-Virus NDIS Filter was causing this. When disabled I am able to access the workgroup, when enabled the access is again denied.

- reinstalling the Filter, didn't work

- disabling the firewall(Kaspersky and Windows) didn't work

- disabling pro-active defense didn't work

Why can't I access my workgroup with the filter enabled?

After installing KIS 7.0.0.125 I couldn't access my workgroup anymore, I found out that the Kaspersky Anti-Virus NDIS Filter was causing this. When disabled I am able to access the workgroup, when enabled the access is again denied.

390005[/snapback]

Me too since yesterday (I think) ... clean install KIS 125 ...

Just to add - I have the same problem with 124 - started the same time

EDIT

Uninstall and reinstall didn't fix it but disabling NDIS did.

Note this is on two computers one on wireless and one wired to router

Edited by Oldjim

390005[/snapback]

Exactly the same issue I have been experiencing.

Yes, I know Whizard, but this issue has popped up in earlier builds than 7.0.0.125 yet (with active NDIS filter and clean installation) and it's been troubling me for quite some time already.

Thanks anyway,

Helios

Yes, I know Whizard, but this issue has popped up in earlier builds than 7.0.0.125 yet (with active NDIS filter and clean installation) and it's been troubling me for quite some time already.

Thanks anyway,

Helios

390533[/snapback]

Me too, clean install of KIS 125 and same problem ... but if I disable Kaspersky NDIS FILTER, solves the problem ...

Make sure that your Zone Configuration is set to LAN.

390518[/snapback]

Even when set to trusted the access is denied when NDIS filter is enabled..

Can someone throw a test case at me?

390550[/snapback]

How can I do that?

Edited by DieM

Even when set to trusted the access is denied when NDIS filter is enabled..

How can I do that?

390914[/snapback]

I can confirm it, even stting to trusted ...

I have been running with NDIS enabled last night and this morning - no problems - most odd

Edited by Oldjim

I have been running with NDIS enabled last night and this morning - no problems - most odd

391080[/snapback]

Still with this probelm ... clean install KIS 125 ...

Even odder - nothing changed but can't access network again

The test case step by step details to reproduce, would be highly beneficial to solve this issue.

The test case step by step details to reproduce, would be highly beneficial to solve this issue.

393316[/snapback]

1) Uninstalled KIS 6.0.2.261

2) Rebooted pc (Windows XP SP2, with up to date(june) patches)

3) Installed KIS 7.0.0.125

4) Rebooted pc again

5) All seemed well (update, scan, modified some settings)

6) Found out I couldn't access workgroup

7) Spend about 3 days figuring out why

- disabled windows firewall

- disabled KIS firewall

- set zone to trusted after enabling KIS firewall

- shutted down KIS

- rebooted pc

- enabled windows firewall

- disabled Pro-Active Defense

- enabled Pro-Active Defense

- saw NDIS filter in list properties LAN and disabled

- able to access workgroup and shared docs

- uninstalled NDIS filter

- rebooted pc

- installed NDIS filter

- rebooted pc

- again no access to workgroup and shared docs

- disabled NDIS filter

- again able to access workgroup and shared docs

8) Working with NDIS filter disabled

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_qfe.070227-2300)

Memory: 1536MB RAM

Page File: 751MB used, 2681MB available

LAN1: Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller

LAN2: NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller

Both LAN are onboard and bridged

Do you need more info???

Edited by DieM

I has this problme too but i disable it no problem to use network sharing files on lan system smile.gif but i use another firewall defense malware or in/out data in security. happy.gif

Unfortunately I have no idea as to how to reproduce it.

It seems to be totally random.

The only thing that happened between it working and not working was that the PC didn't find the wireless network and I needed to reboot

Looking at the event viewer I see three odd warnings which may shed some light on the problems

[attachmentid=31938][attachmentid=31939][attachmentid=31940]

post-5206-1184016931.jpg

Unfortunately I have no idea as to how to reproduce it.

It seems to be totally random.

The only thing that happened between it working and not working was that the PC didn't find the wireless network and I needed to reboot

Looking at the event viewer I see three odd warnings which may shed some light on the problems

[attachmentid=31940]

393335[/snapback]

Hi Oldjim. The snapshot on the far right, which I've included in this post, says that you've overloaded the capability of your TCP stack. Perhaps you should cut back a notch or two before your PC (automatically ?) creates too many new connections in future? ohmy.gif

Now working fine with Kaspersky NDIS biggrin.gif for 2 days, now I can see me and my others computers in the workgroup, I didn't do anything at all!!! biggrin.gif maybe just rebooted ... I think some changed in some KL updates ...

Hi harlan,

nice to hear ! And the NDIS still enabled !?

Lets hear if other users can report the same...

Greetings from Germany

Hi harlan,

nice to hear ! And the NDIS still enabled !?

Lets hear if other users can report the same...

Greetings from Germany

393508[/snapback]

Yes it is ... Kaspersky Anti-Virus NDIS filter enabled smile.gif and now working fine for me smile.gif now I can see myself (and my shared resources) and the others comps ...

Yes it is ... Kaspersky Anti-Virus NDIS filter enabled smile.gif and now working fine for me smile.gif now I can see myself (and my shared resources) and the others comps ...

393512[/snapback]

Alas, I cannot sad.gif

I have submitted a ticket to tech support to see if the problem can be fixed.

Edited by the_duality

Just a note to add to the info on this problem and what seems to work for me. Since v90 have had a problem installing and using KIS7.0 with the NDIS driver. Seems that the installation process does not 'fully' configure the NDIS driver; install finishes, can update and run the configuration routine after the installation and then reboot the system. At that point, the NDIS driver blocks all network communications if a wireless connection is the only connection present (seems to work ok if a wired connection is present). With v125, if I try a repair install, it will hang during the driver setup. I shut down the system (using Process Explorer, shutting down the 'hung' install) and reboot. At this point, I have reinstall (or finish the repair install [depends on where it stopped]) v125 on my system. This time, the install and configuration of the NDIS driver is successful and I have full network connectivity (wireless or wired). I beleive the problem is in the configuration part of the NDIS driver; without a proper set up, the network monitor section shows no traffic details; with a proper set up it does. Also, I noticed that unchecking the NDIS driver in the Properties tab (of a connection) will hang and not shut the window; rebooting is nessararyat that point and then everything works except the Network Traffic monitoring noted above. If someone can tell me how to record the details of what the installing and configuration of the NDIS driver is doing, I would be glad to record this and send to the developers. It should also be noted that the above routine (at least in my case) only works with v124 or v125; with v119 it was hit or miss only. blink.gif

Just a note to add to the info on this problem and what seems to work for me.  Since v90 have had a problem installing and using KIS7.0 with the NDIS driver.  Seems that the installation process does not 'fully' configure the NDIS driver; install finishes, can update and run the configuration routine after the installation and then reboot the system.  At that point, the NDIS driver blocks all network communications if a wireless connection is the only connection present (seems to work ok if a wired connection is present).  With v125, if I try a repair install, it will hang during the driver setup.  I shut down the system (using Process Explorer, shutting down the 'hung' install) and reboot.  At this point, I have reinstall (or finish the repair install [depends on where it stopped]) v125 on my system.  This time, the install and configuration of the NDIS driver is successful and I have full network connectivity (wireless or wired).  I beleive the problem is in the configuration part of the NDIS driver;  without a proper set up, the network monitor section shows no traffic details; with a proper set up it does.  Also, I noticed that unchecking the NDIS driver in the Properties tab (of a connection) will hang and not shut the window; rebooting is nessararyat that point and then everything works except the Network Traffic monitoring noted above.  If someone can tell me how to record the details of what the installing and configuration of the NDIS driver is doing, I would be glad to record this and send to the developers.  It should also be noted that the above routine (at least in my case) only works with v124 or v125; with v119 it was hit or miss only. blink.gif

395683[/snapback]

Seems like an awful lot of trouble for something that should be working in the first place... Perhaps i should try installing Kaspersky and then making a new connection - rather than relying on the existing one.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.