Danny

Slow Downloads and Ping on online games is rubbish

Hi,

I have recently purchased Kaspersky AV (3 hrs. ago roughly) and I do a lot of downloads and also a bit of online gaming and since the install my games ping are really high and also my download speed is very low? I have 20MB broadband and before I installed Kaspersky AV I was getting low pings and very high kps on downloads in fact I was receiving 2400kps on average on ALL of my downloads and now I am averaging roughly 600kps.

I know for definite that its Kaspersky as when I pause the service of the AV all downloads speeds and pings return to there normal fast speeds?

How do I sove this and also if this can't be resolved can I please have my money back

Thanks

Danny

Possibility that your previous anti-virus needs to be removed using the removal tool (in safe mode), espesialy if it was Norton or McCafee. What firewall are you currently using? If you are experiancing a conflict with another firewall, it might be resolved by temporarily uninstaling both programs, running removal tools, restarting, reinstall KIS first and then the other firewall. I use KIS, KAV may have "compatibilty mode' option; if so try selecting it. Also try searching this forum; forum leaders and others may have solution(s) that can help you. I hope you find KAV to be superior to the others.

My last AV was NOD32 and my current firewall is Zone Alarm free version.

I have removed Nod32 completely and also Kaspersky is slowing down my downloads, giving me high pings in game online, and now is slowing my computer down, my browsing is now slow as well.

At this moment in time i am regretting my decision of purchasing kaspersky AV, if the problems above can be resolved I will gradually remove this opinion.

Can someone please help

Danny

Version 7 has a completely new network driver so you should notice a big increase in speed/decrease in ping.

Hi Danny.

Like our moderators told you, version 7 fixes this kind of things.

I used to have the same problem, and since build 675 Foxgen fixed this problem.

Hi,

I have recently purchased Kaspersky AV (3 hrs. ago roughly) and I do a lot of downloads and also a bit of online gaming and since the install my games ping are really high and also my download speed is very low? I have 20MB broadband and before I installed Kaspersky AV I was getting low pings and very high kps on downloads in fact I was receiving 2400kps on average on ALL of my downloads and now I am averaging roughly 600kps.

I know for definite that its Kaspersky as when I pause the service of the AV all downloads speeds and pings return to there normal fast speeds?

How do I sove this and also if this can't be resolved can I please have my money back

Thanks

Danny

382340[/snapback]

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.