KennethS

Unhandled Exception Error

Here was the other thread that I read. I tried this Registry setting, but it doesn't seem to work on .205

Other thread...

Any more ideas?

Howdy,

I am the OP...

A number of people are working on it, but so far... no.

Of course, we will post it here if someone comes up with a solution.

All the best,

Kenneth

Here was the other thread that I read.  I tried this Registry setting, but it doesn't seem to work on .205

Other thread...

Any more ideas?

Hi Kenneth

A new version has been released, try this (uninstall 5.0.205 first & reboot), you can download it here, release notes here.

I would install it and use it with the recommended settings, exept for the action settings, i would use "Prompt user for action" there. Best of luck to you. :)

Hi Don,

I thank you for the update information, but...

I was running the trial version.

When I went to the link you provided and downloaded, the software would not run because I did not have a valid key.

I then went back and requested a new trial download (under a different name), but when I received the email with the download links, the links were dead. I opened the source, cut out the relevant information, and was able to run the download...

But, when I attempted to install, I got an error that I already had installed a "newer version."

Whew...

What would you suggest?

Sincere thanks,

Kenneth

Hi Kenneth

A new version has been released, try this (uninstall 5.0.205 first & reboot), you can download it here, release notes here.

I would install it and use it with the recommended settings, exept for the action settings, i would use "Prompt user for action" there. Best of luck to you. :)

Hi again,

I should have added...

Currently, I have V 5.0.225 installed but it will not run because I have no valid Trial Key.

Thanks,

Kenneth

Hi Don,

I thank you for the update information, but...

I was running the trial version.

When I went to the link you provided and downloaded, the software would not run because I did not have a valid key.

I then went back and requested a new trial download (under a different name), but when I received the email with the download links, the links were dead. I opened the source, cut out the relevant information, and was able to run the download...

But, when I attempted to install, I got an error that I already had installed a "newer version."

Whew...

What would you suggest?

Sincere thanks,

Kenneth

Hi Kenneth

If you download a program called Winrar (the Trial), then you can use this to open & extract the trial-key from the trial-installer (it's because the trial is not updated to 5.0.225 yet) and the add the trial-key in 5.0.225. :)

Hi Don,

You are most kind...

I just received a key from Igor, and will soon know if everything is happy on my system.

Sincere thanks, as before,

Kenneth

Hi Kenneth

If you download a program called Winrar (the Trial), then you can use this to open & extract the trial-key from the trial-installer (it's because the trial is not updated to 5.0.225 yet) and the add the trial-key in 5.0.225. :)

Hi Don (and all),

You're gonna love this...!

I got the key from Igor, and then attempted to run a full scan. It stopped working at 10% with no error displayed.

Task Manager showed KAV as Not Responding.

So, no joy... yet...

All the best,

Kenneth

Hi Kenneth

I also have about the same results. Now it just stops scanning, and doesn't throw the "Unhandled Exception" error. My scan went 4%, and stopped scanning on the PST file as before. The whole system didn't lock up though... but I can't stop the scanner window. After I clicked on stop scan, its just stuck there. I finally had to go to task manager to kill it.

So, as with Kenneth, this didn't fix the PST scanning problem.

A little further info: I noticed that when I finally killed the scanning window in the task manager, that this seemed to shut my entire KAV off. Upon restarting KAV, it still said the scanner was scanning but paused. When I clicked on resume, it was automatically locked... So I will have to reboot to recover after all.

-Jon

Hi All,

I just received a note from Igor suggesting that I try (1) to exclude all mail files and (2) to try the scan in Safe Mode.

(1) is the default, and does not work. That is, nothing is excluded as far as I can tell.

(2) in Safe Mode I launched the scan, asnd it hangs as before: No error, but no progress. It hangs at a particular message in one of my PST files.

So, at least on my system, we have made no progress.

All the best,

Kenneth

I also have about the same results.  Now it just stops scanning, and doesn't throw the "Unhandled Exception" error.  My scan went 4%, and stopped scanning on the PST file as before.  The whole system didn't lock up though... but I can't stop the scanner window.  After I clicked on stop scan, its just stuck there.  I finally had to go to task manager to kill it.

So, as with Kenneth, this didn't fix the PST scanning problem.

A little further info:  I noticed that when I finally killed the scanning window in the task manager, that this seemed to shut my entire KAV off.  Upon restarting KAV, it still said the scanner was scanning but paused.  When I clicked on resume, it was automatically locked...  So I will have to reboot to recover after all.

-Jon

Hello again,

I will add that the good folks in Support have asked that I provide them another (that is from V 5.0.225) tracer log and I have sent that off to them today.

Of course, I look forward to their response as this has stalled the AV changes that we hoped to make in our office.

I will, of course, post here when we have some progress.

All the best, and many thanks to all,

Kenneth

Hi All,

I just received a note from Igor suggesting that I try (1) to exclude all mail files and (2) to try the scan in Safe Mode.

(1) is the default, and does not work. That is, nothing is excluded as far as I can tell.

(2) in Safe Mode I launched the scan, asnd it hangs as before: No error, but no progress. It hangs at a particular message in one of my PST files.

So, at least on my system, we have made no progress.

All the best,

Kenneth

Hello all,

Well, it appears that we may have a partial success:

PST files can be excluded by going to Settings | Additional Settings | Troubleshooting. There, check "Disable scanning of email for the Scan My Computer task."

As you may recall, I had tried a variety of exclusion methods with no success, but this one works.

My thanks to Igor Kurzin for this method...

All the best,

Kenneth

Hello again,

I will add that the good folks in Support have asked that I provide them another (that is from V 5.0.225) tracer log and I have sent that off to them today.

Of course, I look forward to their response as this has stalled the AV changes that we hoped to make in our office.

I will, of course, post here when we have some progress.

All the best, and many thanks to all,

Kenneth

Hello again to all,

With the availibility of a successful technique for the exclusion of the PST files, we decided to purchase KAV for the six systems in our small office.

We got the Admion Kit, and with the highly skilled guidance of Mike Magie of Ice Systems, all six were installed in a few minutes.

We ae extremely pleased with the result, and express our thanks to all.

Take care,

Kenneth

Hello all,

Well, it appears that we may have a partial success:

PST files can be excluded by going to Settings | Additional Settings | Troubleshooting. There, check "Disable scanning of email for the Scan My Computer task."

As you may recall, I had tried a variety of exclusion methods with no success, but this one works.

My thanks to Igor Kurzin for this method...

All the best,

Kenneth

Hello again to all,

With the availibility of a successful technique for the exclusion of the PST files, we decided to purchase KAV for the six systems in our small office.

We got the Admion Kit, and with the highly skilled guidance of Mike Magie of Ice Systems, all six were installed in a few minutes.

We ae extremely pleased with the result, and express our thanks to all.

Take care,

Kenneth

I'm glad it all worked out in the sixpage end, quite amazing, but you stuck around and you deserve CLAP2.GIF

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.