I got McAfee on my computer and bought kaspersky 6.0 not long ago, which i am having problem installing Kaspersky because Kaspersky want me to remove McAfee first before installing. I tried that and i reinstall mcafee too, but it want the same thing too. So is there any option that i can skip or do to let both of the program stay or co-exist? Thanks!

Hi.

Mcafee and Kaspersky can not co exist, just like any other two antivirus applications.... you should only be runnning one antivirus and one firewall. Running multiple antivirus and firewall is strongly discouraged and can lead to many conflicts.

Personally I would remove mcafee and stick with Kaspersky, far superior protection.

there is no option for both to stay and co-exist. Since a) this is a Kaspersky board and cool.gif I appreciate KIS; I would uninstall McAfee, restart competer and install Kaspersky. You may need to run a removal tool and a registry cleaner.

I am new to Kaspersky, but used McAfee and Norton for years. Get rid of McAfee and purchase Kaspersky. You will not be disappointed. tongue.gif This forum is also very useful if you have problems. I feel sure McAfee has a removal tool to completely remove everything and then try Kaspersky. If you do not remove it there will be conflicts. Good Luck!

As everyone else has said, remove McAfee and then install Kaspersky.

Kaspersky uses far less resources than McAfee and has better protection and updates more often.

Give Kaspersky a chance and then you will not want McAfee on your system anyway. wink.gif

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.