Sign in to follow this  
Robert

Cannot get policy update on workstations; Admin Ki

Hello,

I just installed the KAV Optiman onto our doamin. We are running W2K Advanced Server SP4 with AD and all the workstations are W2K Pro SP4. I had Kaspersky crreate the group based on the current domain structure and I have no problems seeing all of the workstations in the new Group. Within the Admin Console I can see all Network Agents installed and running...but none of the workstations have kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations running under them. Only the Server shows that it has Kaspersky Anti-Virus 5.0 for Windows File Servers and Kaspersky Network Agent running.

I'm assuming that because of this problem I cannot update any Policy for the workstations since the Admin colsole is not showing the Anti-Virus software running???

Someone PLEASE help... :blink:

I have tryed pushing the KAV with the remote install package, and also tryed the manual installation with the same results.

Thanks,

Robert

Hello,

I just installed the KAV Optiman onto our doamin. We are running W2K Advanced Server SP4 with AD and all the workstations are W2K Pro SP4. I had Kaspersky crreate the group based on the current domain structure and I have no problems seeing all of the workstations in the new Group. Within the Admin Console I can see all Network Agents installed and running...but none of the workstations have kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations running under them. Only the Server shows that it has Kaspersky Anti-Virus 5.0 for Windows File Servers and Kaspersky Network Agent running.

I'm assuming that because of this problem I cannot update any Policy for the workstations since the Admin colsole is not showing the Anti-Virus software running???

Someone PLEASE help... :blink:

I have tryed pushing the KAV with the remote install package, and also tryed the manual installation with the same results.

Thanks,

Robert

Hello

Please clarify where do you have difficulties:

1) You cannot deploy KAV for WKS on all computers in the domain.

2) You successfully deployed KAV for WKS on all computers in the domain, KAV for WKS functioning correctly on the computer but you can cannot see KAV for WKS running in the Admin Kit.

Hello

Please clarify where do you have difficulties:

1) You cannot deploy KAV for WKS on all computers in the domain.

2) You successfully deployed KAV for WKS on all computers in the domain, KAV for WKS functioning correctly on the computer but you can cannot see KAV for WKS running in the Admin Kit.

Sorry for the delayed reply, I've been out of town on a project!!!

1. I have successfully deployed KAV for WKS manually as well as remote installs with no problems.

2. KAV for WKS are running and functioning properly on all workstations.

The problem that I'm running into is that they are ignoring the policies I have in place under their assigned group. :(

Workstations are running version 4.5.0.94, the Admin kit is running version 5.0.0369, and the Server is running version 5.0.40. Attached are some screen shots, maybe that will help!

Please help!

thanks,

Robert

KAV_Workstation_Screen_Shot.zip

Sorry for the delayed reply, I've been out of town on a project!!!

1. I have successfully deployed KAV for WKS manually as well as remote installs with no problems.

2. KAV for WKS are running and functioning properly on all workstations.

The problem that I'm running into is that they are ignoring the policies I have in place under their assigned group.  :(

Workstations are running version 4.5.0.94, the Admin kit  is running version 5.0.0369, and the Server is running version 5.0.40. Attached are some screen shots, maybe that will help!

Please help!

thanks,

Robert

Please make sure you locked required policy settings. Policy takes precedence over local settings only when you locked required settings in the policy.

In the MP2 of AdminKit policy enforcement is more flexible:

1) Locked policy settings can modify local settings on the clients.

2) Policy settings can modify all local settings on the clients when client is added to the administration group for the first time.

Please make sure you locked required policy settings.  Policy takes precedence over local settings only when you locked required settings in the policy.

In the MP2 of AdminKit policy enforcement is more flexible:

1) Locked policy settings can modify local settings on the clients.

2) Policy settings can modify all local settings on the clients when client is added to the administration group for the first time.

I have locked all of the policy settings as well as the tasks for the entire group that the workstations are under. I have the same issue.

I think I might have found the potential problem. When I check the properties on the individual workstations under the admin group and check the Application. The only applications that show up are the Kaspersky Network Agent. When I attempt to deploy the KAV workstation package I receive a failure on the workstations specifying that the KAV workstation package is already installed.

What is the next step to get this resolved. Please let me know.

thanks,

Robert

Wow, I didn't know the Admin Kit could control v4.X clients.... and I thought I knew the Admin Kit. That said, in the task properties for the deploy workstation task you will see a Settings tab, under which is an Advanced button. If you click the Advanced button you will see the first box, checked, says "Do not install on hosts where..." If you uncheck this box the Admin Kit will deploy a package regardless of whether the product in the package is already installed on the client(s) or not.

Wow, I didn't know the Admin Kit could control v4.X clients.... and I thought I knew the Admin Kit. That said, in the task properties for the deploy workstation task you will see a Settings tab, under which is an Advanced button. If you click the Advanced button you will see the first box, checked, says "Do not install on hosts where..." If you uncheck this box the Admin Kit will deploy a package regardless of whether the product in the package is already installed on the client(s) or not.

I didn't know the Admin Kit could control v4.X clients...

Is there a never version of clients? I just purchased the Optimal Kit an this is what I got. :blink:

Holly smokes...this could be the ticket!!! Download is in progress...  :o

Yes!!! The problem was the version of KAV Workstation. I installed the 5.0.200 Version from the 4.5, the policies updated and everything is working perfectly. :lol:

Thanks for all the help.

later,

Robert

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.