ForYouAreCrunchy

Whitelist Device That Keeps Getting Caught With "BadUSB Attack"?

We have a group of users that user PowerPoint presentation clickers. After update to KES11, the "BadUSB Attack" keeps blacklisting these clickers. The users are not able to input all of the requested keystrokes because it doesn't have all of the keys needed.

Can I whitelist these devices? Or do I have to compromise my endpoint security and disable this feature? I really hope the latter is not the suggestion.

8 часов назад, ForYouAreCrunchy сказал:

We have a group of users that user PowerPoint presentation clickers. After update to KES11, the "BadUSB Attack" keeps blacklisting these clickers. The users are not able to input all of the requested keystrokes because it doesn't have all of the keys needed.

Can I whitelist these devices? Or do I have to compromise my endpoint security and disable this feature? I really hope the latter is not the suggestion.

Hello!

The BadUSB component is designed to limit the connection of unauthorized input devices — each new device, defined as a USB keyboard, will need to be authorized by entering a code.

If the machine uses devices that are defined as keypads in the system, but do not allow entering the digital authorization code, and there are no specific drivers for them, the authorization request can be disabled.

Thank you!

Hello!

It is meant that you can disable this prompt if you use some specific USB hardware. 

Thanks!

Do you mean entirely disable this feature as shown here?

image.png.88242a5d880813588c6d05a0724ae450.png

A link showing how to "disable this prompt" would be nice if this is not what you mean.

I don't think you can make exclusions for specific devices. You can either disable the feature completely or enable use of on-screen keyboard for authorization.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.