Curious_George

SSL connection with invalid certificate detected

Web AntiVirus shows report shows below:

"SSL connection with invalid certificate detected. Certificate error: Invalid name of certificate. Either the name is not on the allowed list, or was explicitly excluded.  Application: Google Chrome"

Question:  Is the connection made anyway?  In Firefox, a pop-up shows up to ask whether to block or to allow.  There is no such option in Chrome.

Note:  I used to use Firefox but somehow I have not been able to open: "Entry point not found. Couldn't load XPCOM"

Thanks !!!

:rolleyes: Welcome : This is one of those common - Notifications received

by kaspersky users. I understand every case is different. But try

these suggestions it may work out..?

Link :  https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?/topic/379983-can-i-turn-off-certicate-warnings

Let me tell you these are..Temporary fixes : After a week or so, disable this setting

"Do not Scan encrypted connections" and Set back [✔] Scan encrypted connections

Report if the "ssl connection with invalid ...."  is displayed again..Bye now

I forgot Clean up your - Temporary files : Link -  http://support.kaspersky.com/1161 

Browsers cleanup - Link : https://support.kaspersky.com/us/viruses/solutions/10319

Thanks much indio.  It's not so much the notifications.  My concern is does the connection go through, therefore creating an unsafe connection that can be open to malware?

Yes, i do delete the temp files. Apparently the PC cleaner in the Application manager is scheduled and done automatically.

Thanks again... have a great day!

19 hours ago, Berny said:

In addition to above comments from indio , please check this https://support.kaspersky.com/12489

Berny,

I have the same problem with Microsoft Outlook when it accesses the URL for my email account, see screen capture. If I understand the option documented in the link you specified, if I put the email URL in the exclusion list, the encrypted connection to my email will not be scanned when I open Microsoft Outlook. Are there any security implications of not scanning that connection? Currently I just select Continue when the popup occurs so I am not sure if that is any different than putting the URL in the exclusion list. I would appreciate your advice. Is there anything I can do with the certificate to avoid this problem?

Mail SSL Certificate issue.JPG

Can you please try this : Settings >  Additional > Network > Manage exclusions > Enter SMTP & POP server > Add  + reboot.
Also , can you please open "View certificate" and post a screenshot.

6 hours ago, Berny said:

Can you please try this : Settings >  Additional > Network > Manage exclusions > Enter SMTP & POP server > Add  + reboot.
Also , can you please open "View certificate" and post a screenshot.

I will try your suggestion later. Here are screen shots from the certificate

1002882537_MailSanRRComcertificate-2.JPG.2c14c0c0838093f3a9f4443010779f1a.JPG1522226621_MailSanRRComcertificate-1.JPG.72f3812257801a0702ff6c0647bcfb7d.JPG502434873_MailSanRRComcertificate-3.JPG.2005766dbc1a1f7478a60670a20473c0.JPG

Also , please contact your ISP helpdesk.

Posted (edited)

Don't bother. I deleted the post myself. Adeous

image.png

Edited by celsurf

Quote; "Why were my posts (as well as some other members) deleted from this thread ?"

Sometimes, forum maintenance occurs. When that happens, posts made may not be extant when the period of forum maintenance is done.

Also, last I heard, this forum is Closed, to facilitate the inauguration of the New forum community. Please continue with Tech Support, if forum does not meet your needs.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.