js4lazar

HP Proliant 360 Gen9 won't boot up after installing KES 11.1.0.15919

Hi,

the server had installed version 11.0.1.90 with out problem.

I've updated all servers and computers from our company to the latest version, and that's the only machine that won't boot.

The KES installation finishes without any problem, and the app works, until you reboot the machine, then it will get stuck at the hpe logo (windows startup logo) fixed, without the little dots doing loops below it.

As soon as you go into safe mode the os boots, saying it couldn't apply some updates. You need to boot again in safe mode to uninstall the software. Then you can uninstall KES, and next time the server boots in normal mode.

I've got another server with similar config, although it's a Proliant DL180 Gen6, and the KES update worked perfectly.

Can you help me?

2 часа назад, js4lazar сказал:

Hi,

I've updated all servers and computers from our company to the latest version, and that's the only machine that won't boot.

The KES installation finishes without any problem, and the app works, until you reboot the machine, then it will get stuck at the hpe logo (windows startup logo) fixed, without the little dots doing loops below it.

As soon as you go into safe mode the os boots, saying it couldn't apply some updates. You need to boot again in safe mode to uninstall the software. Then you can uninstall KES, and next time the server boots in normal mode.

I've got another server with similar config, although it's a Proliant DL180 Gen6, and the KES update worked perfectly.

Can you help me?

Hello!
Please first of all check this machine for the "hp velocity" been installed on it.
If it is true, try to uninstall this application.
Also, please note, that for Servers we got special product - KSWS

Thanks for your prompt response...

There is no 'hp velocity' software installed in the server.

I know there is a special product for servers, I've used it some time ago.

If I'm not mistaken KES can be installed without problem in machines with Windows Server 2016 and 2019, per your documentation.

4 часа назад, js4lazar сказал:

Thanks for your prompt response...

There is no 'hp velocity' software installed in the server.

I know there is a special product for servers, I've used it some time ago.

If I'm not mistaken KES can be installed without problem in machines with Windows Server 2016 and 2019, per your documentation.

Hello!

Please provide us with the full GSI from affected host.

Thank you!

4 minutes ago, Ivan.Ponomarev said:

Hello!

Please resend the password to the user KLCentralSupport

Thanks!

Done!

Hello!

Have you considered installing KSWS on your servers? KSWS is designed for servers and has more efficiency on server OS.

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Ivan.Ponomarev said:

Hello!

Have you considered installing KSWS on your servers? KSWS is designed for servers and has more efficiency on server OS.

Thanks!

Yes, I've considered it, but I won't use KSWS on just one server, as the other dozen seem to do just fine with KES

16 hours ago, Ivan.Ponomarev said:

Please try to install the KSWS on the problematic server. 

Thanks!

Are you kidding me? How is that going to solve the problem of installing KES in the server?

I don't know if it's just laziness, or lack of interest or knowledge, but I find your answer inappropriate.

As I've said KES have been working since we setup the server, for more than a year, and we have several other HP servers, including other 3 DL360 Gen9 servers with the software installed and setup.
Does your suggestion mean I have to uninstall KES from all the servers and install KSWS?
I will have, also, to create and manage new deployment and update tasks, and new policies.

A will need, at least, a good reason to do it.

I really think changing the security software will resolve the issue.
It doesn't have to be a Kaspersky one although, it can be from several other vendors.

Best regards,

8 часов назад, js4lazar сказал:

Are you kidding me? How is that going to solve the problem of installing KES in the server?

I don't know if it's just laziness, or lack of interest or knowledge, but I find your answer inappropriate.

As I've said KES have been working since we setup the server, for more than a year, and we have several other HP servers, including other 3 DL360 Gen9 servers with the software installed and setup.
Does your suggestion mean I have to uninstall KES from all the servers and install KSWS?
I will have, also, to create and manage new deployment and update tasks, and new policies.

A will need, at least, a good reason to do it.

I really think changing the security software will resolve the issue.
It doesn't have to be a Kaspersky one although, it can be from several other vendors.

Best regards,

Hi,

KSWS is made specially for the server systems and all its components are compatible with server hardware, suggestion to install is provided in test purposes. If you install KES back will the server stuck at logo again?

Is it possible to collect KES traces in moment of problem reproduction?

Thank you!

9 minutes ago, Konstantin Antonov said:

Hi,

KSWS is made specially for the server systems and all its components are compatible with server hardware, suggestion to install is provided in test purposes. If you install KES back will the server stuck at logo again?

Is it possible to collect KES traces in moment of problem reproduction?

Thank you!

Sorry, I forgot the most important part, that system is a production one, so I can test anything in it...

It's really useful to have a particular product for server hardware, but as I've said, I have KES installed in other dozen servers, and per your documentation, it's a compatible product.

Regarding your first question, the first time this happened was in february, we reboot our servers usually when needed for windows updates. In march happened again, so yes, it will stick at the logo again if KES is installed.

Again, sorry, but it's not possible to collect KES trace in the moment of reproduction, as the system won't boot...

Best regards,

Hello!

What actions are available for this server anyway? Is it possible to boot in safe mode and try either to start KES or uninstall it. 

Thanks!

On 3/24/2019 at 5:57 AM, Ivan.Ponomarev said:

Hello!

What actions are available for this server anyway? Is it possible to boot in safe mode and try either to start KES or uninstall it. 

Thanks!

On 3/21/2019 at 8:52 AM, js4lazar said:

Hi,

Can you help me?

As I said in the first post, it's possible to boot in safe mode, and uninstall KES, that's why i'ts currently working...

I suppose several actions ara available for the server, but those will not include testing solutions...

Best regards,

Hello!

Is it maybe possible to collect a full memory dump after the problem comes up?

Thanks!

21 minutes ago, Ivan.Ponomarev said:

Hello!

Is it maybe possible to collect a full memory dump after the problem comes up?

Thanks!

Sorry Ivan, but it's not possible.

The server is setup to create them, but as the system won't past the windows boot logo no dump is created.

Best regards,

Hello!

Without diagnostic information we cannot unfortunately continue the investigation. 

Please refer to the manual provided in the incident. 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Ivan.Ponomarev said:

Hello!

Without diagnostic information we cannot unfortunately continue the investigation. 

Please refer to the manual provided in the incident. 

Thanks!

Thanks for your time Ivan...

I can't do anything about getting a memory dump, so I guess this is it...

Best regards,

On 3/23/2019 at 7:07 PM, js4lazar said:

Thought you might be interested in our site that also runs many HP Proliant servers, various models/various Windows Server OS, and has Kaspersky deployed.

We now only install KSWS on these servers as stated "it is made specially for the server systems and all its components are compatible with server hardware". The KES client is really designed for workstations/notebooks only and for us was never reliable across our production servers.

Creating the actual policies and tasks to suit KSWS for the server is a 5 minute job, and never had issues once installed. Don' forget to still have the Kaspersky Netagent installed.

9 hours ago, dale_bentley said:

Creating the actual policies and tasks to suit KSWS for the server is a 5 minute job.

Yesterday some spanish kaspersky worker told me the same thing, I've done it, and it's not a 5 minute job.

If we also have to uninstall kes and install ksws in over 15 servers we're talking about hours of work.

9 hours ago, dale_bentley said:

Thought you might be interested in our site that also runs many HP Proliant servers, various models/various Windows Server OS, and has Kaspersky deployed.

So we're just in the same situation, but in our case all our servers have been working years with kes installed, without problem.

As I've said before, looks like I have to deploy other security software, so I'll go with other vendor.
The main reason is I've had two issues were I needed help from Kaspersky support, and for both there was no good answer.

Best regards,

Hello!

We would lie to help, but if you cannot provide the requested information, then we suggest you another solution - using the software that is designed exactly for servers and does not show the problem you have encountered. 

Thanks!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.