suel25

Deleting my games

I have the full protection Kaspersky Internet Security  19.0.0.1088(d) and have just renewed it for another year.

I love it and trust it but...........

I have a new Desktop and kept the hard drive from my old PC so all the games downloaded are on that one and run from there .I can see them all in exclusions but don't know how to set up the same exclusions on windows 10 on my new hard drive.

I have been a member of MSN Games since 2012 and download a game each month with a subscription.

In the past I have had a problem with anti virus but have added them to my exclusions but recently every game I try to download immediately gets deleted.

I only have a limited time to spend my credits and would like to know how to add them to the exclusions as I have done so many times before.

Obviously I have had Kaspersky longer than 2012 and this is the first time I have had this problem of not letting me download to exclude.

In despair last night I turned Kaspersky off to download and install the game but this morning as soon as I switched on it promptly deleted the game again.

Is there a setting that will allow MSN Games to be installed at all from the MSN Games Manager or is it the end of the road for my games and I cancel my subscription to them?

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, suel25 said:

I have a new Desktop and kept the hard drive from my old PC so all the games downloaded are on that one and run from there

@suel25 : To clarify you've a New computer and installed the - Old Hard Drive - on it

or you kept as an external Drive | Now every downloaded game is deleted :  may sounds

a Nonsense, but How about. if you Add those games to Exclusions - in Advance and next

download the games : if need help follow link Steps  : https://support.kaspersky.com/us/12987 

if this fails >> When open the above link - A Chat session appears, you can Ask for a fix 

* Try as well to disable the Web Anti-Virus component, before download games

Edited by i n d i o

I had my new computer built to include the main hard drive and the old hard drive so that I could access all that was on my old computer.

That way I had all my music and photos and documents and games easily accessible.

I will try to disable kaspersky download the game and exclude it , but I couldn't find the way to do that when I looked before.

I used to see a warning and then exclude it but now as soon as kaspersky is on it deletes it before I can do that.

I will try to exclude before I enable it again and will return to let you know how I have got on.

I managed to exclude a game after downloading it when Kaspersky was disabled . In fact I thought I had excluded the Games Manger ,but I then I downloaded another game without disabling and it deleted it .

It looks like there is a way around it though by disabling then downloading then excluding then enabling and playing.

Not ideal but better than nothing. Is there a configuration that I can have to warn me and let me decide to exclude rather than just deleting outright?

1 hour ago, suel25 said:

Is there a configuration that I can have to warn me and let me decide to exclude rather than just deleting outright?

Hi suel and Thanks for reply : Listen I'm not a game player, so don't know about

special configurations - But review here : https://support.kaspersky.com/13980 

Regarding to downloads - Apply the 1st method mentioned above : in Addition

you can Disable the setting [  ] Use Gaming profile and see if helps : Just open

Kaspersky >> Settings >> click Performance + Find the Game section

if not results [✔] Enabled-Gaming profile again : Report results

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.