PatrickP421

My Kids PC who just got infected, it blocks access to all browsers.

Hi,

I am abroad and my kid got a PC which I did not have the time to prepare with an Anti-virus.
He just woke me up (I am in Europe) and sent me this screen attached. Any idea what is this virus and what it does and how to remove it?
Right now, it blocks access to all browsers.

He is using Win10, latest with Nvidia 2080 RTI GPU
Many thanks!
Patrick

virus.jpg

Posted (edited)

I do not have the GSI, as the anti virus was not installed in time.

Did you ever see anything like this? I do not have anything else than what I wrote and I am 6000 miles away from his PC. Just trying to help him from here if I can as not fun to be a kid to deal with that on his new PC...

Thanks for your help!

Edited by PatrickP421

You're welcome. It looks like a hardware issue, or graphics software issue. Just a guess, without the GSI logs. 

He just game me more info. He wrote:

"PC boots, then skulls show on the screen after seconds, then after 5 screen goes blacks, then screen backs up clean, then after 5 seconds, it redoes the same cycle."

Yeah sorry to say that looks more like a graphics card or monitor issue.  Question have you got the updated drivers for it?

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.