Harsky

Unattended installation of KES 11 without start avp.exe and avpsus.exe

How to prevent the launch avp.exe after performing a silent installation in windows unattended setup?

I launch command:
msiexec /passive  /i kes_win.msi EULA=1 KSN=0 ALLOWREBOOT=0 PRIVACYPOLICY=1
or
setup_kes.exe /s /pEULA=1 /pPRIVACYPOLICY=1 /pKSN=0
After the installation is completed, the processes of the avp.exe and avpsus.exe are started, how to prevent them from starting?

Hello!

Please state your versions in use and explain your installation scenario. 

Thanks!

I am using KES 11.0.0.6499 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
The KES installation is performed by running  from the file SetupComplete.cmd , as is necessary for the automatic installation of Windows.
The startup method does not matter, because performing a silent installation on an already configured system also starts up the avp.exe after the installation is complete.

Hello!

Please explain the purpose of not starting the avp.exe after installation. 

Thanks!

We use different scripts to automatically install software — autounattended.xml, ANSIBLE PlayBook, PowerShell scripts, and running avp.exe are not required in any of them.
It is not known how the whole system will behave when the graphical window of the initial setup wizard appears, which appears after running avp.exe.

Hello!

Please describe your infrastructure. Do you use KES on a terminal server? 

Thanks!

Good day!
It is difficult to describe what does not exist.
I have the task to install KES for different software deployment options. The server roles for which KES is intended can be any - Terminal server, File server or Application server. Ways to deploy KES can also be different, but unattended.
Any deployment variant should not show the Initial Configuration Wizard window. It does not matter in what way this will be achieved - a disable on running avp.exe or importing a registry settings that will allow you not to run the Initial Configuration Wizard.
/silent must be *SILENT*

1 hour ago, Harsky said:

Good day!
It is difficult to describe what does not exist.
I have the task to install KES for different software deployment options. The server roles for which KES is intended can be any - Terminal server, File server or Application server. Ways to deploy KES can also be different, but unattended.
Any deployment variant should not show the Initial Configuration Wizard window. It does not matter in what way this will be achieved - a disable on running avp.exe or importing a registry settings that will allow you not to run the Initial Configuration Wizard.
/silent must be *SILENT*

Hello.

Due to legal reasons, the end used must accept the KSN statement in order for KES to run on the host. The installation itself is silent, but the agreement will be shown to the user on first start of KES whether it is initial or somehow delayed.

Thank you.

Do the /pPRIVACYPOLICY=1 and /pKSN=1 switches of the installer be used for this purpose?

Hello!

These parameters allow the installer to accept the EULAs instead of the user. 

Thanks!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.