kherrick

some sort of junk not showing as a virus, windows aren't working, I have to ctrl+alt+delete to task manager in order to restore mouse pointer's ability to click on things

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, kherrick said:

I ran the tool and am confused aboot your "link" instructions

Do you refer to the GSI - Report you posted correctly and is Not shown

any malicious - Unknown or incompatible apps : Display only that you're

not using the PDF program, but Nitro Pro 12 : which is an alternative

Run the sfc /scannow tool : May fix the issue if you got negative

results posted here : So anybody can help you further

Edited by i n d i o

Also, in addition to what indio indicates in the post located above this post, 

Kaspersky Settings > Additional > Threats and exclusions > Detection types > enable Detect Other Software.
and do a databases update > reboot, then do a scan.  

Clear the contents of your Temp folder, instructions: http://support.kaspersky.com/1161 and then reboot.

After that, uninstall any recently installed junk > reboot. 

After that, uninstall any and all junk toolbars > reboot.

Uninstall/disable any and all junk browser add-ons and extensions and plugins in all of your browsers. 

How to clean up your browsers: http://support.kaspersky.com/us/viruses/solutions/10319

Any better after that? 

Gee, Richbuff, aren't you supposed to do all this for me?  It's almost like work.

yeah, I'll do all that... I thought I'd mention, though, this MAY have something to do with an update on Steam, but it's probably just coincidence.

Every time I want to use the Windows key to switch out of Civ VI to Excel or a browser or anything else, I have to Ctrl+Alt+Delete to get to Task Manager, which I have to select twice in order to get the mouse pointer to actually select it - the first time, it does nothing on mouse-over, then clicking seems to reset it to what it should be, it works on the second click.  Then I am okay until I switch away and am back to square 1 when I want to switch again.

I'll take those remediation measures you listed.  Does this mean I work for Kaspersky, now?  In addition to my budding career at the self-checkout, I have ever-broadening career choices...

image.thumb.png.e5fa0d731ccfc22129d8a46cfbe4f080.png

I pasted a screen capture of apps launching, this is what I'm seeing and what looks like at least a symptom.

yeah, no help.

When I reboot, the initial screen comes up, you know, the security screen that makes you enter a password?  (sidenote, how do I rid myself of this ridiculous non-security?) well, I cannot click on it to bring up the dialogue box.  I must hit "Enter" on the keyboard in order to open that box, which previously would open when I would click on the screen.

This exemplifies the problem.

4 hours ago, kherrick said:

... ... Does this mean I work for Kaspersky, now?  In addition to my budding career at the self-checkout, I have ever-broadening career choices...

No, not yet. I gave up In-Flight Missile Mechanic to retire to do something much more exciting: Walking down the street with my neighbors'  at-large vicious dogs ambush attack  charging at me. 

Well, anyway, I think your best bet is to please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/support/

Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request: 

a. Description of the issue.
b. Screenshot, as needed.
c. GSI