KIS was working really well for a long time, stopping all ads on YouTube, both the ones that show before the video, and the banners that come on during the video. Recently I turned KIS off, then back on, and now it doesn't work on YouTube ads. Any thoughts? Could something have sneaked in while it was off? I shut it off for one website, one visit. It was just more convenient than whitelisting it.

I use YouTube myself on occasions and I suspect that YouTube may be able to stop you looking at a video without enduring the pre-video advert. I don't know where you are and my example may be meaningless unless you are U.K. based but here we have a commercial  channel called ITV and if you wish to view any of its programmes via its iplayer device you cannot skip the commercial breaks in the programme you want to see unless you pay a subscription

It may be that YouTube can do the same but not all videos on YouTube seem to make you endure the adverts

If there is a way that K can stop the pre-programme adverts I'd also like to hear about it as like you I find it annoying 

mikethebike 

Mikethebike, it is possible that YouTube can override KIS, but it only started happening a few days ago, and only when I turned KIS off and back on. Could YouTube have figured it out and implemented its override at that exact moment? Maybe, but KIS was blocking everything completely up until that moment. More likely that something sneaked on board while KIS was off.

You may be right but in my case that "something which sneaked on board" and to which you refer did so in my case more than a few days or even a week or two ago and yes like you I also seem to recall that in the past as in at least several months ago or more I could also view YouTube without annoying adverts whereas I have never been able to view the ITV iplayer without having to sit through the adverts at each commercial break. So I have a feeling that Youtube may well be responsible for sneaking something aboard but I doubt if K has the ability to prevent it working.

I'd love to hear if anyone else has been able to "by-pass" the adverts and if so how.

mikethebike

Hello,

In addition to the post dirctly above this post,

Two posts are toast. 

The topic is "KIS not blocking YouTube ads".

Further discussion is about the topic. :)

Further discussion is Not:  Such and such is much better.

Please stick to Kaspersky app and YouTube ads, not other stuff. 

This forum is another form of support: Kaspersky users helping other Kaspersky users with the Kaspersky application. Sometimes, issues can not be solved on the forum, hence Tech Support.

Sometimes, the forum can assist with some matters, hence the Forum. :)

14 hours ago, JJohnston said:

More likely that something sneaked on board while KIS was off.

#also#

Hey JJohnston,

I'm running some tests on this; just so I'm comparing apples to apples, are you using Chrome? Any other browser?  & what Kis version please?

Please let us know when you have time? Thanks!

Cheers!

It's an HP machine running Windows 10 and whatever browser comes with it (M'soft Edge, I think). KIS 19.0.0.1088(d) with database release date 3/13/19.

On 3/14/2019 at 8:27 AM, JJohnston said:

It's an HP machine running Windows 10 and whatever browser comes with it (M'soft Edge, I think). KIS 19.0.0.1088(d) with database release date 3/13/19.

Hey JJohnston, 

From the testing, if Anti-Banner is on, no ads appear.

However, as identified by various forum posts there are some existing issues with (a)Edge/Kaspersky application(s), that being the case it's difficult to know where the issues you've highlighted are coming from.

And, as you say, "KIS was working really well for a long time, stopping all ads on YouTube". So, if you've only used Edge then (a) would not be applicable.

Re "Could something have sneaked in while KIS was off?"

• Have you done a full reset of browser/s? 

If not, first export [bookmarks], [favourites] &[settings], then perform full browser reset.

• Have you done a full reset of KIS application?

Again export KIS application[settings], then perform a full application reset.

Please let us know if this helps?

Cheers!

Posted (edited)

Can you give me some more complete instructions on how to do that? I'm inexcusably computer illiterate for a Gen Xer. My 80 year old dad is actually more computer savvy than I am, I'm embarrassed to say (he was a "computer scientist" before there was such a thing as "computer scientists").

Edited by JJohnston

6 hours ago, JJohnston said:

Can you give me some more complete instructions on how to do that? I'm inexcusably computer illiterate for a Gen Xer. My 80 year old dad is actually more computer savvy than I am, I'm embarrassed to say (he was a "computer scientist" before there was such a thing as "computer scientists").

:)Hey JJohnston, don't be embarrassed. More than happy to help. I'll pm you with a full "step by step" doco for each:

• Full reset of browser/s
  • Full reset of KIS application

Just allow me a little time to write it up please.

Cheers!

Well, I heard from Kaspersky support, and, as I anticipated, they say it's normal and there's nothing they can do. No mention of the fact that KIS was blocking YouTube ads COMPLETELY up until about 3 weeks ago.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.