Sign in to follow this  
garu

device searching issue in Ksc 10.5

hi,

We want to search desire computer in devices section using any character. Example- in KSC – under devices- device name is as

1036-kundan

2058-Kumar

6698-Kunal

Now if we want to search ku* in search box, will it show the result.

please help to resolve this issue.

Thank You

42 minutes ago, garu said:

hi,

We want to search desire computer in devices section using any character. Example- in KSC – under devices- device name is as

1036-kundan

2058-Kumar

6698-Kunal

Now if we want to search ku* in search box, will it show the result.

please help to resolve this issue.

Thank You

Hello.

Unfortunately, I could not establish from the description what the mentioned issue is, but I assume the following:

Entering ku* in the search box will return all host names that start with symbols ku and contain any number of consequent symbols. None of the host names you specified match this search mask.

If you need to find computer names which contain the symbols ku but does not necessarily start with them, you should use *ku*.

If your host names are uniform (i.e. each of them starts with 4 digits, followed by a dash, followed by a human-readable name you need to search by), you can use this example:

????-ku*

This will return host names which start with exactly 4 symbols, followed by -ku and then by any number (including zero) of consequent symbols.

Thank you.