myousufhk

Network Agent Service Issue

Dear Support,

The Network Agent service stopped on around 400+ systems. Further troubleshooting results that the two AD policies are conflicting with the Network agent service. This issue occurred on Network Agent 10.5.1781 and did not face any issue in Network Agent 10.4.343 or earlier. The AD policy is applied since two or three years and did not face any issue in 10.4.343 or earlier versions but after upgrading to 10.5.1781 we are facing the issue.

For Issue Re-Production:

Apply the AD policies in your test environment and restart the systems for two or three times to re-produce the issue and check for the network agent service in services.msc.

Need your swift support for this issue resolution as there are 400+ systems affected by this.

KSC: 10.5.1781 patch A

Endpoints latest KES 11.0.1.90

AD Policy.rar

2 hours ago, myousufhk said:

Dear Support,

The Network Agent service stopped on around 400+ systems. Further troubleshooting results that the two AD policies are conflicting with the Network agent service. This issue occurred on Network Agent 10.5.1781 and did not face any issue in Network Agent 10.4.343 or earlier. The AD policy is applied since two or three years and did not face any issue in 10.4.343 or earlier versions but after upgrading to 10.5.1781 we are facing the issue.

For Issue Re-Production:

Apply the AD policies in your test environment and restart the systems for two or three times to re-produce the issue and check for the network agent service in services.msc.

Need your swift support for this issue resolution as there are 400+ systems affected by this.

KSC: 10.5.1781 patch A

Endpoints latest KES 11.0.1.90

AD Policy.rar

Hello.

AD policy investigation is out of scope for the forum support. Please specify which setting in Windows, namely, is triggering the issue.

Thank you.

Dear Support, 

I am not asking you to investigate AD but your own network agent service which is conflicting with the AD policy. I have already investigated and find out the root cause of the issue but you guys need to fix it because the Network agent service belongs to your domain and also the AD policy is applied there for more than two years and not faced a single issue with the applied settings in previous versions of Network Agent.

The 2 policy defined are:

1- Clean temp folder at startup. 

2- Disable admin approval. 

Please help me for the resolution of the issue. 

43 minutes ago, myousufhk said:

Dear Support, 

I am not asking you to investigate AD but your own network agent service which is conflicting with the AD policy. I have already investigated and find out the root cause of the issue but you guys need to fix it because the Network agent service belongs to your domain and also the AD policy is applied there for more than two years and not faced a single issue with the applied settings in previous versions of Network Agent.

The 2 policy defined are:

1- Clean temp folder at startup. 

2- Disable admin approval. 

Please help me for the resolution of the issue. 

To investigate from the perspective of Network Agent, please provide relevant data (Kaspersky Event Log, included in the GSI report from an affected host, reproduction scenario from the perspective of Network Agent).

The AD suggestion can be helpful if you let us know which one setting in Windows policies is responsible for the issue, and in which exact manner the issue can be reproduced by using the one said setting. The provided description of the policies, unfortunately, does not unambiguously explain which settings in OS each of them modifies, or why two are provided without mention of whether they were observed to have the effect on the Network Agent service independently, only in tandem, or otherwise.

Thank you.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.