stephan1827

Switch from parents to kids on Adnroid

I have a tablet that I want to share with my kids. How can I switch between the parents and kids account. Seems like I have to decide after install if the kids are using it or me.
Is there any solution?

Stephan

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 11:40 AM, stephan1827 said:

Is there any solution?

:huh: if nobody has answered so far. Perhaps currently the app doesn't

has a method to Do so. In any case contact klab Technical support 

they may have a fix - Link : https://my.kaspersky.com/techsupport#/new 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb i n d i o:

I created a feature request. Still seems odd that I am the first one that tries to share an Android device between parents and kids.:wacko:

Am 4.3.2019 um 17:26 schrieb i n d i o:

So I created a feature request but the support agent did not seem to be interested in solving the problem. Standard suggestions like reinstalling the app were given that did not provide a solution since it is not a bug it is a function that is simply missing. The support agent had no basic knowledge of the software and was providing answers that sounded like he is reading the manual. After my last response he just closed the ticket without replying.

Stephan

@stephan : Sorry to heard that..At least you try it on and

that function isn't available, but No worries they may added

sooner | The wiser choice would be to Merge the parents app

with the Kaspersky Safe kids : Anybody can comment on this..?

After my last post somebody from support reached out to me and we went back and forth on this issue. This is the last email I received

Zitat

hank you very much for your patience. 

After some research on the information provided for this specific scenario is that Kaspersky Safe Kids is behaving as it should. 

Sometimes kids attempt to create new profile on their devices to try to bypass Kaspersky Safe Kids, when this happens our application tries to prevent it by asking for parent's credentials. This is a part of Kaspersky Safe Kids self-defense.

In your case Kaspersky Safe Kids is behaving as it should, it asks for credentials for parent's account to prevent child from bypassing Safe Kids. 

Here is why you are ask for the full credentials and not only the PIN:

Kaspersky Safe Kids was build around the idea of child having separate devices from their parents. So using the same device with the child and hopping from profile to profile is something Kaspersky Safe Kids wasn't build for, but as I said in this situation what Safe Kids does is correct.

It would be impossible to make Safe Kids stop asking for parent's credentials. 

While I do not agree with the outcome I have to give the support credit for taking this issue seriously and being patient.

Stephan

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.