JoshWalsh1985

Purchased 2019, still says my license is going to expire in 10 days. Lost account password. A few problems

Long story short: I purchased Kaspersky Total Security (2015 version) back in 2015 and have been renewing it periodically, but I lost my password to my account, and I can't renew it because I forgot my security question. Anyway, rather than renew the old version again, I decided to just buy the 2019 version instead. I bought it, downloaded it, and replaced the old version. However, it STILL says my license is going to expire in 10 days. How do I fix that? Also, how do I ensure that the no-longer-installed Kaspersky Total Security 2015 won't automatically renew?

On 2/14/2019 at 12:57 PM, JoshWalsh1985 said:

Long story short: I purchased Kaspersky Total Security (2015 version) back in 2015 and have been renewing it periodically, but I lost my password to my account, and I can't renew it because I forgot my security question. Anyway, rather than renew the old version again, I decided to just buy the 2019 version instead. I bought it, downloaded it, and replaced the old version. However, it STILL says my license is going to expire in 10 days. How do I fix that? Also, how do I ensure that the no-longer-installed Kaspersky Total Security 2015 won't automatically renew?

Hey Josh,
Check your application version, (refer 1st image), if it's 19.0.0.1088(d) then KTS 2015 won't try to update in 10 days UNLESS you selected "automatic renewal" when you purchased or renewed the 2015 subscription.

(For me) I'd not be able to remember if I'd selected "automatic renewal" option 4 years back, however, also check KTS application main window, (refer 2nd image) it should say x days remaining, for example, if you purchased a KTS19 1 year subscription it'll be 365 days (or a few less depending on when you activated KTS19); there's a few other things you can do as well as well as The Shield's suggestion:

That lists all your Kaspersky Licenses: VALID, NON-FUNCTIONAL & HIDDEN

• Check https://my.kaspersky.com/dashboard#/(modal:myaccount/creditCardList)
  • Make sure there are no CARD DETAILS loaded, that way, if the "automated-processing" has got it's brain confused, no auto-transaction will process.
  • If you wish to have AUTO-RENEWAL on for your 2019 subscription you can ADD back, the CARD DETAILS, after the 10 days have expired & you're certain there's no ongoing issue & or Kaspersky have confirmed there's no ongoing issue.
  • Also check: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab & C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\, make sure there's no Kaspersky Total Security 15 xxx folders. If there are, rename them to OLD_AVP15xx;
  • After 10 days and confirmation from Kaspersky Tech Support delete any AVP 2015 folders.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers & good luck!:)

KF-2015-LIC-EXP-10-DAYS.jpg

KF-LIC-EXP-X-DAYS.jpg

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.