HeidiLE81

cardinaldata.net, Web Anti-Virus blocking something on Google Chrome multiple message alerts

Hi,

I have been having an issue lately with my Google Chrome.  I keep getting pop ups saying "Blocked an advertisement website or a URL that can be used by criminals to damage your computer or personal data".

The object is cardinaldata.net/1fa16f6ccbee745a0c.js, the object type is URL, application is Google Chrome. 

I'm writing this because these messages have been popping up for several days, always 5 or more in a few seconds and they're getting really annoying.  Any idea how I can stop them?

Thanks!

-Heidi

Settings -> Additional -> Threats and Exclusions -> clear/uncheck "Detect other software that can be used by criminals to damage your computer or personal data"

Also, plus Gjoski post above, 

Caused by Flash Player plugin, or other plugin? 

KTS: Kaspersky Settings > Additional > Threats and exclusions > Detection types > enable Detect Other Software.
and do a databases update > reboot, then do a scan.  

Clear the contents of your Temp folder, instructions: http://support.kaspersky.com/1161 and then reboot.

After that, uninstall any recently installed junk > reboot. 

After that, uninstall any and all junk toolbars > reboot.

Uninstall/disable any and all junk browser add-ons and extensions and plugins in all of your browsers. 

Remove the junk argument from the target field of the browser shortcut properties. 

Remove any and all junk search providers in all of your browsers.

Then if need be, change your home page, in all of your browsers. 

How to clean up your browsers: http://support.kaspersky.com/us/viruses/solutions/10319

Any better after that? 

If still no go, Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the second (2nd) pinned topic. 

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message. 

Just checked, this has already been answered in other topic:

Although, i have option "Detect other software that can be used by criminals to damage your computer or personal data" unchecked/cleared in my Settings, it stills BLOCKS the website from accessing, simple because this website is marked as ADWARE.

Other option is to visit the site at your own risk by clicking "I understand the risks and wish to continue".

1.jpg

Edited by Gjoksi

Thanks, I had read in some of the other posts about enabling the "Detect Other Software" but was hesitant.  Don't I want that turned on?

-Heidi

15 hours ago, richbuff said:

Richbuff,

Hi, I'm sorry, but what the heck are you talking about?

-Heidi

There are multiple  "timeout reached while waiting for a transaction response from the AVP19.0.0 service"  errors in your event viewer.

Please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/support/

Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request: 

a. Description of the issue.
b. Screenshot, as needed.
c. GSI