Jeff-22

Chrome self signed certificate, Cannot guarantee... ... [merged]

OK, same problem here. I am using KAV 

I tried all "solutions" here and no luck. 

Turning off "Do not scan encrypted connections" is dangerous, please stop posting this as a solution, even as temporary. 

I have found one workaround, it is not most practical but maybe it will help someone, and maybe it will help Kaspersky crew to pinpoint the problem.

If I Exit KAV before opening Chrome and then turn it on immediately after opening Chrome, pop ups are not showing and I can work and cast without problems. 

Unfortunately, this works until I close and open Chrome again. 

So, problem occurs only if KAV is loaded before Chrome, if it is loaded after Chrome problem is gone. 

Turned my machine on this morning and have the problem again. Updated Chrome to Chrome Beta: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/2SAA4W5MjI4 and no more messages. will see what happens throughout the day.

Same problem here Win10 Pro v1803 build 17134.590, chrome v 72.0.3626.109 and Security Cloud Family. It's been going on for a few days now and is starting to get really boring. Come on Kaspersky, get it fixed :-(

On the Dutch forum I found the following solution: 

Check your IP and add this to Application rules, Google Chrome, Exclusions, don not scan encrypted traffic, only specific IP addresses.

Than add 8008 - 8009 at Only for specific ports.

It worked for me on two PC's

kaspersky.png.d80ca46ce5ea8bdba2e2fc2f9bc3722a.png

@KN0164 Above suggestion that i posted in the NL Section has been provided by Mefodys (K-Lab RU)

On 2/11/2019 at 7:55 AM, Mefodys said:

The workaround is to exclude the IP address\port where Chrome tries to connect to. Most probably the ports are 8008\8009.

Try the following to find the required IP address\port for its exclusion: 

Open KIS main windows - More tools - My Network - Network Monitor - sort the table by Port - find here the Port 8009\8008. Here should be a required IP address.

Then open Settings - Additional - Threats and Exclusions - Specify Trusted applications - Add - find Chrome.exe process, In the exclusions options enable the option - Do not scan all traffic -> Do not scan encrypted traffic - Enter IP address and enter port(s). Save the rule.

Then reboot and recheck the issue.

Has been an hour since installing Chrome Beta. still no problems opening the application.

i,

The same thing has just started happening for me... 

I'm running:

• Windows 10 Pro, version 1809, OS build 17763.316
  • Google Chrome Version 72.0.3626.109 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • Kaspersky Total Security with 379 days remaining

I share the same concerns as @geekosphere.

Kaine

2019-02-19_1455.png

16 minutes ago, mrk said:

Same problem here (started about two weeks ago).

Please see the workaround provided in the posts above yours.

again, these workarounds are not a "fix"

I just tried the newest Chrome Beta version and the problem is still there. (Version 73.0.3683.39 (Official Build) beta (64-bit))

Edited by jjflash7
added version number

3 minutes ago, jjflash7 said:

again, these workarounds are not a "fix"

I just tried the newest Chrome Beta version and the problem is still there. (Version 73.0.3683.39 (Official Build) beta (64-bit))

I wholeheartedly agree. This is a retail product for retail customers, I shouldn't be expected to have to fiddle around with stuff I don't understand to get it working. Come on Kaspersky, get a proper fix released.

I'm not sure how much more time I can afford to give Kaspersky to get this issue fixed.  I may have to uninstall and go with a different AV program.

None of the fixes or workarounds here work, and Kaspersky inevitably ends up killing all internet connections until the pop-up is clicked, which usually involves killing Kaspersky in the Task Manager because the pop-up locks up Kaspersky.  This is a real problem for me as I need a stable VPN connection for work.

Applied the dodgy workaround, i.e. port 8009 and Google device IP addresses on 1 PC and 2 Laptops. So far so good, but with 45 days left on my licence, I'm already researching a replacement AV app. Any recommendations?

This is a shame. I've only been using KAV for a short while, but have been really satisfied with the performance and presentation. This problem has become a daily nuisance and, like many users, I'll have to resort to a less favorable option until it's fixed. Has there been any official mention of when they'll release a fixed version? This seems like it would be a top-priority bug for them given the widespread use of Chrome.

Reach out to KL directly via my.kaspersky.com this is just a user forum. The more they hear about this the faster the fix will be rolled out.

3 hours ago, Whizard said:

Reach out to KL directly via my.kaspersky.com this is just a user forum. The more they hear about this the faster the fix will be rolled out.

And then what?

To get workarounds which will lower my security? 

Are they know something but refuse to post here?

Or maybe you implying that they are not aware of this bug which is all over the internet?

Or maybe they are waiting for someone specific to reach them out so they start to work on it? Am I the chosen one? Or they are waiting for specific number of reports to fix it faster or fix it at all?

Please do not do that, advice like this after now almost a month passed with problem not solved are just pissing people off.

User forum or not, this is official Kaspersky forum, not some public security forum. 

It is funny how when %$&/ hits the fan on all forums (not just you, but all bigger companies) have same answer. And that is something like "report to some other place, this is not quite right place".

I am using Kaspersky for me and my family, that is all together 7 computers over about 10 years. But I think it is time to say goodbye.

11 hours ago, MrOwl said:

This is a shame. I've only been using KAV for a short while, but have been really satisfied with the performance and presentation. This problem has become a daily nuisance and, like many users, I'll have to resort to a less favorable option until it's fixed. Has there been any official mention of when they'll release a fixed version? This seems like it would be a top-priority bug for them given the widespread use of Chrome.

I am running KAV 2019 (d) set to never scan encrypted connections (to disable KAV inserting scripts into Chrome browser) and Chrome 73 beta (72 beta before that...) and never got this problem.

Edited by alex5723

Why I got this msg. ssl connection with invalid certificate detected without URL.
How to know a URL make this error.

01.png

So I'm browsing this topic as I wait to hear back from a Technical Support agent when I get a pop-up AS I AM BROWSING THIS TOPIC:

image.png.9ab5bafbc2c43e081171c04c2a01da4b.png

This issue started for me about a week ago, with this same (supposed) URL referencing a two-day certificate that apparently gets renewed every two days.

I don't want to eliminate scans that are performed by Kaspersky, as that seems to just be a temporary fix that actually lowers security.

Does anyone have a real fix for this yet?  Are Technical Support agents answering tickets about this issue in My Kaspersky?  Thank you.

I have contacted support provided dumps etc.  I did get a response to "work around" as has been described here....But it doesn't work.  I then provided more info to them.   No response.

I haven't a clue if they are really working on this.  It would be nice to get an official response in this forum to tell us what is going on.

I've used Kaspersky for many many years .  never had a persistent problem like this before

I am also getting this. I'm using Chrome on a Win 10 PC. I don't have Chromecast (I don't know what it is) and none of the solutions posted works. I haven't tried the one with the IP and limiting ports because I'm not messing about with stuff I don't understand.

The pop ups don't occur when I'm using Chrome, only when it's been inactive and I return to the PC. It doesn't matter which websites are loaded up, or if there are any.

Then I have half a dozen of them, one on top of the other. What's worse, they don't even work. Disconnect does nothing. Continue brings up another window that I can't acknowledge unless I click a checkbox saying 'Don't warn me for 30 minutes' - a checkbox that is ineffective as it does nothing of the sort, but at least it allows me to dismiss the stack of useless identical windows.

Why in God's name isn't there an option to Dismiss, or Pause Reporting? Is it to make it as difficult for the end user as possible?

And the best bit? When I navigate to a URL with a certificate I know to be invalid... Kaspersky doesn't say a damn thing! Classic!

If it's not fixed in a week I'm changing AV.

I have a friend that's on an older version of windows (Windows 7 Home Premium SP1)....but have the latest versions of chrome and kaspersky just like me...same everything except for windows.  

They are not seeing this problem.

Edited by jjflash7

En 18/2/2019 a las 22:49, Madd_Mugsy dijo:

I have this extension installed and enabled.  Still have the issue.

This is the same fix from earlier in this thread, with the exception that it adds port 8008.  So I tried that too, but no dice: the issue still occurs on my pcs.

I'm sorry to hear that, the issue came back to me too, the next day after a fresh restart. I unistalled both extentions and problem keeps going. I'm so upset with this, and kaspersky support doesn't help us!

I am getting these messages in both Windows 7 and Windows 10.

I submitted a Support Ticket hours ago, and am still waiting for it to be reviewed.

I have been a Kaspersky customer for over a decade, and this is very disappointing.

Edited by Ensign Garak