Jeff-22

Chrome self signed certificate, Cannot guarantee... ... [merged]

Hi

I am having the same problem with self signed certificates and chromecast.

As a consumer can I say we just want it to work!

It used to work up until about a week ago - what changed?

I am not impressed that Kaspersky don't seem to be more proactive

Is the solution to uninstall Kaspersky and install a competitors software?

K-SNAFU please stop off-topic! This is a forum for problem solving, not for talking!!!

8 минут назад, XsiliconX сказал:

Plenty of people who do not own a Chromecast have this issue.

Hi, in in this case please send traces (turn on traces, restart Kaspersky product, reproduce the issue, stop tracing) to me or Mefodys via private message. Or submit a ticket to technical support + send us the ticket number via private message. 

8 minutes ago, XsiliconX said:

Plenty of people who do not own a Chromecast have this issue.

Exactly, XsiliconX, but, take care; we're not allowed to "discuss" because it's "off-topic!"

3 minutes ago, Igor Kurzin said:

K-SNAFU to replicate the issue close and start again Chrome to get the certificate popup notification. The bug #3214641 is being worked on.

Regarding the issue reproduction with no Chromecast, to identify whether this is the same issue or not, we will need traces. 

Hello Igor,

Chrome has been started a 100 times since issue began: stopping/starting/unistalling/re-installing Chrome does not aid in reproducing the issue. And, device has been stopped/started a 100 times since issue began; does not in any way assist in reproducing issue & or issue analysis.

Re traces, I'm chking to see if any traces were being run @ at time when none of us knew we were  going to encounter an issue. Not having a crystal ball, often times, tracing can only be turned on after the event... 

On 2/4/2019 at 8:39 AM, Mefodys said:

K-SNAFU, hello,

you have another situation - Certificate error: This certificate or the certificate chain is built on an untrusted root center.

The information about this certificate (seems it will not be used anymore): 

"Please note that Google Internet Authority G2 is expiring at the end of 2018 and will not be used anymore. See  Google Trust Services PKI  for more info."

Regarding the initial issue (seems like Chromecast related) we need to receieve traces of the issue (enable tracing - reboot - reproduce the issue - disable tracing).

Thanks!

--

UPD regarding Google Internet Authority G2:

I see the following cert for www.google.com

image.png

And find the following info: https://textslashplain.com/2017/10/23/google-internet-authority-g3/

Thus, try to update certificates in your OS.

@K-SNAFU:

That is because you have an other unrelated problem as Mefodys explained here. The people in this topic DO have the problem when starting up Chrome.

31 minutes ago, Digger36 said:

@K-SNAFU:

That is because you have an other unrelated problem as Mefodys explained here. The people in this topic DO have the problem when starting up Chrome.

Hi Digger36,

NO, I have exactlty the same issue as Jeff-22 & others reported AND, as Mefodys identified an ADDITIONAL issue, which Mefodys & I sorted, which btw, did NOT sort the original issue, thus, leaving the original issue. 

22 hours ago, zurg said:

Hi

I am having the same problem with self signed certificates and chromecast.

As a consumer can I say we just want it to work!

It used to work up until about a week ago - what changed?

I am not impressed that Kaspersky don't seem to be more proactive

Is the solution to uninstall Kaspersky and install a competitors software?

I no longer have this issue since yesterday, I have removed the port from chrome as well.

I'm having these pop-ups now, as well, for a few days now.  Google Chrome.  Will follow this thread until fix (not work-around) is found.

Hi, I know what is a self signed certificate, and I know globally what the alert means, but the URL is a GUI ? Where is the source of the problem? How to resolve this? Chrome has only 5 opened pages and all are from a very trusted web sites. This type of kaspersky notification is useless, doesn't help to mean the problem and the solution. See attached image

Can someone enplane more?

Best regards

2019-02-10 12_01_33-AlertWindow.png

gmgunderground, hello,

The issue caused by the encrypted connection from Chrome process. Product sees  the problem with the certificate(the cetificate is not trusted) and shows the alert.

The workaround is to exclude the IP address\port where Chrome tries to connect to. Most probably the ports are 8008\8009.

Try the following to find the required IP address\port for its exclusion: 

Open KIS main windows - More tools - My Network - Network Monitor - sort the table by Port - find here the Port 8009\8008. Here should be a required IP address.

Then open Settings - Additional - Threats and Exclusions - Specify Trusted applications - Add - find Chrome.exe process, In the exclusions options enable the option - Do not scan all traffic -> Do not scan encrypted traffic - Enter IP address and enter port(s). Save the rule.

Then reboot and recheck the issue.

For me, I do not have 8009/8008 port in this table.

And by the way, I do have this problem on laptop and pc with latest Chrome.

At what logging level should the traces be completed?

Repeatedly merging the threads has broken users' subscriptions.  Please send a notification for each merge if you intend to continue.  Thank you.

This is what I get

1.PNG

2.PNG

I have port 8008 and I followed the instruction but the problem not going away

3.PNG

4.PNG

Edited by GKAB

I am one of those that get the same warning about the same certificate and I do not have Chromecast.

I use the Free version of the Antivirus (which I am satisfied with) so I am not allowed to find the required IP address as suggested above by @Mefodys. I am aware that people that pay for a subscription should have a better version/tools for themselves but in this case we are all affected by something that can be considered a bug, right? Or if not a bug, an issue that should not affect the end user at all.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by Salk

I have this very same Issue. However it is not chromecast related. 

It happened after accidentally clicking an email link to a site google marked as unsafe. 

09.02.2019 11.23.15    Dangerous URL blocked  Phishing URL Object: Phishing URL Reason: URL listed in database of phishing URLs    Google Chrome    Time: 09/02/2019 11:22

After that every time i start a windows session, and open chrome i get the same SSL error. 

10.02.2019 12.29.39    SSL connection with invalid certificate detected    2943a315-f823-dd3a-10bc-0f1c922052a2    Certificate issued for: 2943a315-f823-dd3a-10bc-0f1c922052a2    Certificate error: Self-signed certificate    Application: Google Chrome    Time: 10/02/2019 12:29

I am genuinely afraid of turning off the SSL scanning as some are recommending to resolve the issue. 

Edited by zar3k1

Just chiming in that I too have the same problem with multiple "SSL Connection with invalid certificate detected" messages after starting Chrome for the first time.

On 2/11/2019 at 3:08 PM, GKAB said:

This is what I get

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

I did the same but had different ip in Network Monitor.

I then restarted. 

Opened Google Chrome.

Got the pop-up again.

Opened Network Monitor and noticed multiple occurrences of Google Chrome using 8008, 8009 and 8060.

At times I get about 4-6 of these same pop-ups.

Edited by rizkola

I think this fixed the problem for me.  Chrome has a built-in extension to connect with Chromecast devices.  

Open Chrome and type the following into the address bar:

chrome://flags/#load-media-router-component-extension

Set the Media Router extension to disabled.  

Prior to that netstat was showing a connection to Chromecast Audio on port 8009.  Wonder if other Google devices, such as Google Mini, etc. would attempt to connect to chrome browser and cause the same issue.

EDIT: Scratch that.  It came back after I rebooted.

Kaspersky, this issue is not going away, as evidenced by the posts, since 31/01/2019, from multiple Kaspersky Customers.

What's the status of BR#3214641 please? 

Hello!

3 hours ago, K-SNAFU said:

Kaspersky, this issue is not going away, as evidenced by the posts, since 31/01/2019, from multiple Kaspersky Customers.

What's the status of BR#3214641 please? 

As free user of Kaspersky and one of those that are affected by this problem I think we should be first of all grateful enough to have a free product  that works already so well.

The issue is not even two weeks old and seemingly not easy to investigate. Demanding daily updates doesn't seem very nice.

Just my two cents....

Hello all,

The situation under 3214641 number is still analysed by developers. We are waiting for the update from them.

--

If the workaround did not help:

Collect traces of the issue (enable tracing - reboot - reproduce the issue - disable tracing) and send it to me in archive via Personal Messages (via this forum).

Traces collecting instruction: https://support.kaspersky.com/common/diagnostics/12797

On 2/11/2019 at 9:08 PM, GKAB said:

This is what I get

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

8009 not 8008

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.