plum32

Android KPM, tried to update after expiration, installed, then lost all data.

Hello, I hope someone can help me - after using KPM for a few years I was trying to update it as the licence has expired. I have a KTS key so I thought I would just need to add it but there is nowhere to do so - so I logged into the portal where sure enough the KPM on my phone shows as expired. So I try to work out how to reactivate but nothing appears to work. In the end I send myself the Android version of KPM via the link using email as the instructions appear to suggest. I click on the link in my phone email app and it takes me to a Kaspersky download button for the android version of the app - I click on the button and the app installs apparently over the existing one - I then need to go through setting it up as a new install so I log in with my credentials and the app opens - but where are all my passwords and notes - it appears they have all gone - so I click the sync button - nothing happens - does anyone know how to get three years of passwords and notes back please because I am pulling my hair out here! Thanks.

1 hour ago, plum32 said:

I have a KTS key so I thought I would just need to add it but there is nowhere to do so

Welcome. Please try this :
> Add your KTS license xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx in MyKaspersky portal
> KPM > Menu > License information > Refresh

In addition to what Berny indicates in the post above,

Contact Kaspersky Lab Technical Support via "My Kaspersky" account:

https://my.kaspersky.com/techsupport#/requests/new

Also, install Kaspersky Password Manager (for Windows) on your PC/laptop

and from time to time you SHOULD create a backup copy, if you don't want to have any similar problems in the future:

Open Kaspersky Password Manager (for Windows) -> Settings -> Import/Export -> Backup Copy -> Create Copy

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.