SAJFLAD

KTS tediously slow updating

Hi

I'm using KTS 19...1088(d).

KTS used to download updates and install them within approx 2-3 minutes. However, over the last couple of months, downloading can take 2-3 minutes just on its own, then updating files can take anywhere up to 5-6 minutes after that. This was happening using Windows 10 vs 1803, and is still happening when I upgraded to Windows 10 vs 1809 last week. So, any idea(s) what's going on - is there something I can try before getting into the GSI thing (which itself is a pain, don't know why they don't incorporate it into KTS/KIS/KAS and send it straight from there).

Thanks.

PS are Kasp bringing out a new version of KTS/KIS at all?

Edited by SAJFLAD

Try to update manually and see if there is any difference.

Look for new version releases around mid-year.  Patches to supported versions are issued randomly during database updates.

Perhaps the Update Report may show something:   Main Screen > More Tools > Reports > Detailed Reports (upper-right).  In the left-hand pane (drop-down box), select Database Update, click on the most recent entry in the list, then click Details in the lower right-hand pane.

Next, click EXPORT in the upper-right (next to SEARCH box), name the file and save to the desktop.

Within the forum, locate and attach the saved file to your next post.

Edited by dh27564

Please find update report attached. I don't know if it tells you how long it took for that particular update but it was 11mins, 29 seconds, just to update 773.44KB; a good case in point.

Cheers.

KTS19 Update Report.txt

Looking at my own Update Report for today, I find 6 updates received.  The update times range from 2 minutes 57 seconds to 1 hour and 57 minutes.  Speed varies from .02 kbs to 201 kbs.  To be honest, I don't checked these parameters very often but it does seem a bit slow and long.  I'm seeing a large variance in time and speed for updates about the same size.  Overall my machine is healthy so perhaps it's a server problem.

...and I thought I had problems: 1'57"! :blink:

So, perhaps not much can be done about it a local level but it's good to know that it doesn't seem to be a problem with my particular product/machine, which is good to know, so thanks for your replies.

Cheers.:)

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.