schnide

Safe Kids software causes ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE error in Chrome

Recently while having Kaspersky Safe Kids running, I've been getting a lot of ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE  errors in Google Chrome for well known secure websites (even github.com when I test). Firefox sees the similar error: SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP.

I've confirmed that it's the Safe Kids program, once I quit the application, the errors stop. I think it's only been doing this in the last week, but maybe longer.

Is there a known fix or workaround?

Same issue, here. Please, help.

I am using window 7.

Following websites cannot be reached: accaglobal.com , ifrs.org , soundcloud.com

image.png.284bdc4f8a13c2ca5114abfab65bb1f7.png

Edited by ksbrsprt

ksbrsprt,

Does the issue occur in parent account or in child account? Or in both?

Check the issue in several browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome). Tell me the result and the browsers versions. Thanks.

The same problem happens for discordapp.com in Google Chrome but is working with other Internet Explorer for example when the web activity feature is enabled for my child's account.

I have tried allowing the domain discordapp.com specifically without any success.

Same issue on my PC, Win7, Firefox Quantum 65.0.1, using safe polish website with math tests for school (matlandia4.apps.gwo.pl). Parents account - no problem. Kid account - SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP. Kid account with Kaspersky Safe Kids paused - no problem. This website is not blocked by KSK, but I additionally added it to safe urls. Still the problem exists.

Edited by orzech2p

I'm having similar issues, only in Chrome. A lot of websites either fail to load, or portions of the page fail to load, resulting in really ugly pages or just non-functioning components.

The same sites in Internet Explorer still work fine.

Same issue in Windows 7 and Chrome 72.0.3626.119 (64-bit). chabad.org loads without images and github.com doesn't load and throws ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE error.

This is fixed by disabling TLS 1.3 in Chrome. Seems to happen to other HTTP proxies too.