jems

thunderbird managing certificate

In Thunderbird/tools/options/advanced/certificates/manage certificates/kaspersky Anti Virus Personal Root Certificate/edit trust/

Under edit trust - "this certificate can identify websites" --  this was checked.

under edit trust - "this certificate can identify mail users"  --   this was unchecked, so i checked it.  Is this alright?

jems, hello,

I think there should not be any problems with that.

Why were you check these settings? Were there any certificatie issues in Thunderbird?

Does the issue can be re reproducted (after reinstallation of KTS)? After KTS removal make sure that there is no Kaspersky certificate in Thunderbird settings.

What is the version of KTS are you using? 

p.s. In the current KTS 2019 there is an option for FF/TB to use certificates storage of the OS.

Also and in addition to Mefodys , both settings in Thunderbird 60.5.0 are disabled by default,
in Firefox however only "this certificate can identify websites" is checked by default.

Thanks for the replies.

I was checking to see if KTS was scanning TBird emails.  Seems OK

I really am not sure which version i have (KTS).  I just renewed my license last week, so i gather it is 2019.

Mefodys you mentioned - 

p.s. In the current KTS 2019 there is an option for FF/TB to use certificates storage of the OS.

Not sure how to see/access that option.

45 minutes ago, jems said:

Thanks for the replies.

I was checking to see if KTS was scanning TBird emails.  Seems OK

I really am not sure which version i have (KTS).  I just renewed my license last week, so i gather it is 2019.

Mefodys you mentioned - 

Not sure how to see/access that option.

Hey Jems

Re [Not sure how to see/access option for FF/TB to use certificates storage of the OS]

Go to KTS19 application [Settings] select [Network] [Network Settings] scroll to the bottom of page [Mozilla, Firefox & Thunderbird]

There are 3 [ ] that can be selected, depending upon your choices, requirements (see attached image)

• Scan secure traffic in secure Mozilla apps
  • Use Windows Certificate Windows store
  • Use Mozilla Certificate store

There's also "help" documentation in all of Kaspersky products, accessed by selecting the ? (see red circled ? in the image I've posted) @ the top of any Kaspersky application window, however, in relation to your specific query, [https://help.kaspersky.com/KTS/2019/en-US/68219.htm] does not have any information about: [Settings][Network] [Network Settings][Mozilla, Firefox & Thunderbird]

[KTS19][Network Settings][use Mozilla certificate store].jpg

Hi ksnafu,

Thanks for the help - i went & unchecked windows Cert. store,  AND CHECKED Moz. Cert. Store.

Have i done the right thing??  :)

:mellow:Hi jems : While K-SNAFU get back to you : Agree with Berny's reply..

The thunderbird managing certificates settings, that you referred to

are disabled by default. keep them on that Status to avoid issues

Are my settings i have print screened below alright.

image.thumb.png.563d3b4b0f6ea5a7601393478f921f7f.png

@jems yes, those are the default network settings for Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird and now you are alright ...

On 2/10/2019 at 8:57 AM, jems said:

Hi ksnafu,

Thanks for the help - i went & unchecked windows Cert. store,  AND CHECKED Moz. Cert. Store.

Have i done the right thing??  :)

Hello Jems, apologies for not getting back to straight away.

Re [CHECKED Moz. Cert. Store], (Have I done the right thing) - yes, Mozilla use separate certificate storage.

Recently Kaspersky decided to add to their application: [Mozilla Firefox & Thunderbird][Scan secure traffic in Mozilla apps]& the options [Use Mozilla Cert Store] & [Use Windows Cert Store] 

I'll update/add more info for you later tonight.

Cheers.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.