Eryka

err_connection_timed_out. Cannot access particular website

Suddenly, when I try to access website [it's for a study course I'm on] I get the message 'This site can't be reached' ... took too long to respond... ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT. 

I can get the site on a mobile phone but not on either of the laptops. Is this a firewall problem? If yes, how do I check it? If no, please advise.

Welcome Eryka.

Please try this: open Kaspersky > Settings > Additional > Network > Manage exclusions > add the site > save.

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I've added 2 web addresses [one for safe measure] as you suggest but there isn't a save button [I'm such a newbie at this!] and the window heading says 'encrypted connections scanning'. Is it safe to close the window?

25 minutes ago, Eryka said:

Is this a firewall problem?

Also and in addition to The Shield , ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT is a known Google Chrome error and not an alert from Kaspersky.

4 minutes ago, Eryka said:

but there isn't a save button

Click "Add" and close the window.

Thank you for your replies. I tried the Kaspersky settings solution and the Google approach - clearing cache for past 7 days [as the problem started 2 days ago with no apparent cause] and then turned off both laptop and modem and restarted. No change. I bet you can hear me shouting at the machine! I wonder if the Pentagon computers get this kind of problem with Google.

You may also find some suggestions on the Google Chrome Help Forum ...

Hi Berny, I downloaded the Opera browser, which isn't owned by Google [unlike both the browsers I mostly use] and got the same timed out error message. Could this mean that the error isn't necessarily linked with Google?

Please submit your url to K-Lab.

Eryka, hello,

Could you please clarify also:

1) Does the issue appear after updating Chrome to 72 version? What is the current Chrome version?

2) Do you use Chromecast? Try to disable Chromecast from the TV and recheck the issue.

3) Try to collect traces of the issue (enable tracing - reboot - launch Chrome - reproduce the isuse - disable tracing)

+

provide screenshot of the certificate tabs (click on View certificate) - General tab, Certification Path.

4) Provide also a GSI report.

You can send the data to me via Private messages. Thanks!

Hi Mefodys,

Is this the correct method for private message?

Regards, Eryka

2 hours ago, Eryka said:

Hi Mefodys,

Is this the correct method for private message?

Regards, Eryka

I just sent you a private message explaining how to private message Mefodys. 

Eryka you can also submit all the data in your current request to Tech support.

Thanks!

--

In addition: regarding the initial issue (ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT):

Try to temporary disable scan of encrypted connections in KTS (Settings - Additional - Network). Then reboot and recheck the ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT issue. Test also the issue in different browsers with different sites. Tell me about the result.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.