jbwisemo

KES 11 variant for web servers?

We already use KES on most workstations and some servers, I wonder if there is now a KES 11 variant appropriate for installation on busy web servers, where millisecond response times matter (so can't have the on-access scanner suddenly running a 5 second scan on a legitimate file someone is downloading, or on some server essential database/log) but still a desire to quickly detect if the server is compromised either as a system compromise (remote code execution) or by planting malicious content for attacking visitors?  Similarly, we can't have scheduled scans slowing the server to a crawl at any time by consuming most disk, CPU or other capacity (everything is 24x7x365).

I'm about to do the annual license renewal, and this affects the number of licenses to buy.

Thanks for the link to the Russian knowledge base page for KSWS10.  I can't find the page with product details though (general web search finds only resellers etc.).

Thus I wonder about system requirements, system overhead, if it can be easily configured to not interfere with operations, etc.

Yes, I found the English KB, but the visual layout (same in Russian) made me think the only KSWS10 content was the few KB articles listed on the right, not the other pages on the left-hand menu.

Having now browsed those pages, it seems KSWS10 still contains a lot of the desktop stuff that can get in the way on a server.  Also I note from article 12784 that two server-oriented protection features (file integrity and log inspection) are not licensed in most of the multi-platform license bundles, only in standalone licenses, which seems a bit weird.

В ‎29‎.‎01‎.‎2019 в 08:49, jbwisemo сказал:

Yes, I found the English KB, but the visual layout (same in Russian) made me think the only KSWS10 content was the few KB articles listed on the right, not the other pages on the left-hand menu.

Having now browsed those pages, it seems KSWS10 still contains a lot of the desktop stuff that can get in the way on a server.  Also I note from article 12784 that two server-oriented protection features (file integrity and log inspection) are not licensed in most of the multi-platform license bundles, only in standalone licenses, which seems a bit weird.

Hello,

I agree with your concerns, all valid. I also don't think anyone can fully answer your questions or give 100% guarantee - without at least knowing the details of your environment.

If you want though, we can arrange a test run of KSWS on your system, with us (the KSWS product team) giving you optimization recommendations based on the information collected by you. We'll do it privately (via the forum mail, for example), so that the information about your system is not publicly visible, but you are free to express in this topic your opinion about KSWS after the testing period is over.

What would you say to that?

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.