aseshadri

When try to use webcam black screen is displayed

HI, After installing total security the webcam is not working properly, When i open the webcam it displays complete black picture, it was working before this . any idea on how to solve this issue ?

webcam.PNG

:rolleyes:Report your windows Op-System and Kaspersky total security version. Also

what webCam brand is that : like Logitech, Microsoft LifeCam - Razer kiyo.,Etc.  

Try to uninstall the webCam driver : open Device Manager >> Locate your webCam and

right click it >> select Uninstall device >> A confirmation dialog appears - click Uninstall

to continue : Now click Scan for "Hardware changes" icon and wait while windows

install the necessary drivers. Restart Pc + check if the - Black screen still there

if so repeat the uninstall task. Did it work..?  Also another trick is to use a flashlight or

your Phone torch light, point it to the camera : Have work out for some users - Post back

On 1/26/2019 at 5:57 PM, i n d i o said:

What i am using is a Inbuilt camera of my msi laptop, i tried what you said it still did not help. do you have another suggestion

:)Thanks for posted back : Kinda difficult to pin point the faulty, since is not

and ordinary Webcam purchased on Best Buy, Amazon.,Etc. Try to uninstall

your Kaspersky total security, would be advisable if fails | How about

contact the Laptop brand online website and inquire about this

malfunction. if Not lucky contact klab Tech support

Link :  https://my.kaspersky.com/support/requests/create

include the screenshot on the problem description or

who knows a forum - Moderator have a solution

Also,

Try pressing Fn+F6 on your keyboard or googlle how to turn on camera on MSI  Laptop.

Like Lenovo(through Lenovo Vantage) , MSI likely uses  their own program/drivers to operate the camera.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.