sw_eng

Questions re Total Security Backup

Hi 

Sorry in advance if the answers are posted already, I could not find the answers in the Backup overview pages.

1. If I specify backup to leave the result in my C: drive (windows desktop, Backup folder), can I simply copy the backup folder or contents to another portable drive?

[ I believe backup will run faster saving the results on my C: (SSD) drive, but don't want to fill that up, so...

I want to move it elsewhere, then move it back to the backup folder if I ever need to restore anything]

2. I don't know the backup result file format.  But I am concerned that the backup file format (unencrypted, or with password encryption)

will be unreadable and unusable by any software except Kaspersky.  Is it possible to state either:

a. The backup file (result) format is open and transparent, I would be able to restore manually without Kaspersky sw

or

b. Kaspersky will *always* offer some free software util to read / decrypt the backup result set.

Bottom line is that if I decide to use Total Security Backup now, I will be dependent upon Total Security *forever* if I want to restore or decrypt.

Please let me know precisely the specifications for the backup result file, and let me know the commitment regarding Kaspersky software.

thanks

Sw

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.