Is there a method of disabling Rootkitscans only when PC is being used. Currently Rootkit scans are starting when playing online games and causing disconnections. The only way I have found to stop this is by shutting down virus protection and this totally defeats the purpose of having it. I have set scans to only occur once per week and this has slowed the problem but is also less than ideal. I feel this should be an automatic reaction by the program but I don't see anything anywhere except methods to completely shut down scans and run only manually

The rootkit scan can be disabled by going to Settings > Performance > Search For Software....  The rootkit scan cannot be scheduled.  I don't use the gaming mode feature but you might want to research that and see if using it will delay scans / updates while in gaming mode.

If you play online games, i think you should set these settings as in the picture beyond.

Also, to mention that ROOTKIT SCAN is included in (is part of) FULL SCAN.

3.jpg

Edited by Gjoksi

Just to clarify: the option in the picture above is for enabling/disabling REGULAR Rootkit scan in the BACKGROUND.

I think regular Rootkit scan runs every 24 hours, don't know for sure.

And to repeat: when you do a FULL SCAN, you also do a ROOTKIT SCAN.

Cheers.

Edited by Gjoksi

43 minutes ago, Gjoksi said:

Just to clarify: the option in the picture above is for enabling/disabling REGULAR Rootkit scan in the BACKGROUND.

I think regular Rootkit scan runs every 24 hours, don't know for sure.

And to repeat: when you do a FULL SCAN, you also do a ROOTKIT SCAN.

Cheers.

If a Full Scan  includes the Rootkit Scan, why is it that I get these results in my system?:

Rootkit Scan takes 30 minutes for 3,181 files
Full Scan takes 12 minutes for 383,688 files

:huh:

50 minutes ago, AvalonP said:

If a Full Scan  includes the Rootkit Scan, why is it that I get these results in my system?:

Rootkit Scan takes 30 minutes for 3,181 files
Full Scan takes 12 minutes for 383,688 files

:huh:

you asked:

he/she replied:

also, check this comment:

Edited by Gjoksi

6 hours ago, mic4680 said:

Is there a method of disabling Rootkitscans only when PC is being used. Currently Rootkit scans are starting when playing online games and causing disconnections. The only way I have found to stop this is by shutting down virus protection and this totally defeats the purpose of having it. I have set scans to only occur once per week and this has slowed the problem but is also less than ideal. I feel this should be an automatic reaction by the program but I don't see anything anywhere except methods to completely shut down scans and run only manually

Go to Performance tab then check "Use Gaming mode" and "Postpone computer scan tasks when the CPU and disk systems are at high load"

Thank you all for the quick responses.

It is a pity the rootkit scan is not available to be scheduled. I have gaming mode active and postpone scan and idle scan But, this is not stopping rootkit scan from starting(yes i realise it is trying to be a background activity but it consumes a lot of resources that are needed to support tasks in gaming and should not be trying to start anyway). This has only been an issue in this years version for me and  It seems from all the various items I have seen around the forum that this is an issue that is not being addressed. A quick survey of online gamers chat has revealed that KIS is having issues with this compared to other brands. I will now need to disable the scan and with it lower the once great security Kaspersky has given me for years but I will be looking at changing next time the license is up for renewal.

And now i have some form of virus

https://quickcleanpc.co/aauf5674/assests/eng_ff_auth.html?mid=5674&rb=JS80e480e0f6ca4701879cf7ca5fa95864&city=Adelaide&isp=iiNet+Limited&org=iiNet+Limited&ip=118.210.12.104&connectionType=Cable%2FDSL&browser=Firefox+64.0&os=Windows+10&countryCode=AU&country=Australia&referer=&conv=-5vvCRYEUuE&src=128862.160888_1320828&publishid=128862_&bidvalue=0.012&ipadd=118.210.12.104&areaid=default&subcid=default&ogsid=.160888_1320828&targeturl=default&p_num=08%207918%209804%0A%0A%0A%0A%0A

Lovely probably came from Kaspersky due to disabling rootscan

Also, in addition to what Gjoksi posted above this post,

Kaspersky Settings > Additional > Threats and exclusions > Detection types > enable Detect Other Software.
and do a databases update > reboot, then do a scan.  

Clear the contents of your Temp folder, instructions: http://support.kaspersky.com/1161 and then reboot.

After that, uninstall any recently installed junk > reboot. 

After that, uninstall any and all junk toolbars > reboot.

Uninstall/disable any and all junk browser add-ons and extensions and plugins in all of your browsers. 

Remove the junk argument from the target field of the browser shortcut properties. 

Remove any and all junk search providers in all of your browsers.

Then if need be, change your home page, in all of your browsers. 

How to clean up your browsers: http://support.kaspersky.com/us/viruses/solutions/10319

If you are using a router, reset the router, change the router password to a strong password, enter the correct information according to your internet providers instructions, then clear browser cache and cookies, reboot. 

Any better after that? 

If still no go, Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the third (3rd) pinned topic. 

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message. 

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.