RemBoy

Secure Connection Causes Error in Google Scholar, "...may be sending automated queries. ..."

Kaspersky Secure Connection systematically causes the following error in Google Scholar:

"We're sorry, but your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now."

It only happens when Secure Connection is activated and works as expected as soon as Secure Connection is deactivated. This seems to be a common error (see this thread for example) but it seems like nobody has linked the error to Kaspersky Secure Connection yet. Can anyone replicate the issue?

I'm having the same issue, which started as soon as I installed Kaspersky. I'm also having trouble generating a report on GSI. After following the instructions here, all I'm getting is this:

Screenshot (2).png

Edited by MacYar

Welcome. Can you please try this :
1) Kaspersky > Settings > Additional > Threats and Exclusions > Select "Detect other software that can be used
by criminals to damage your computer or personal data"
2) Run a full scan
3) Reboot

Just to let you know that I filed a report and here's Kaspersky Lab technical support's last reply:

This is just a quick message informing you about the status of the case.

We think that the issue is that scholar.google.ca detects too many requests from Canadian IPs, and they trigger scholar.google.ca anti-spam system. We are currently considering this by-design behavior, but we will continue to work on the issue.

As a reference, we created this bug number in relay to this issue. (3217086)

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.