silver_mica

Microsoft Office 365 triggers Kaspersky message "Cannot guarantee authenticity of the domain to which encrypted connection is established"

After purchasing and installing Microsoft Office 365 I get this message every day:

"Cannot guarantee authenticity of the domain to which encrypted connection is established"

The account (my email and web address) I used to purchase Microsoft Office 365 triggers this daily message (due to an invalid name of certificate).  Everything is fine.  There is no problem - except for how to stop this annoying message from Kaspersky.  

How can I make an exception for this one website?

David

It says "Kaspersky Total Security" at the top left.  I don't see a button that says "about" or "version" etc.     I believe I bought some type of "business" version for several computers.    Also, Kaspersky has infested Firerfox like a virus.  I want every shred of Kaspersky OUT of Firefox.   Totally annoying.  

Please pass your mouse cursor over the Kaspersky tray icon and tell us the full, complete name and version number of your Kaspersky product. 

Kaspersky Total Security 19.0.0.1088(d)

Database Release date 1/29/2019 7:03AM

Is "Total Security" ONLY an antivirus program or is it a bunch of bloatware?    I sort of remember removing something with that name - or a similar name - it was offering, basically, a VPN that I didn't want.   I'm only want an antivirus program.

Today, I opened up a Word document, began typing, then a few minutes later my cursor is taken away from the Word document as I'm typing because Kaspersky displayed that annoying message. (see attached)    I get this message every time I use Microsoft Word - which is several times day.       

I don't know where or how to disable Scan Encrypted connections.   How do you turn off Encrypted connections? 

Also, when I purchased Office 365 I used my email ONLY to create the Microsoft account.  My email has the same domain as shown in the Kaspersky warning.   I believe my website doesn't have a good certificate (low cost shared hosting).  But, that shouldn't matter.  I'm not accessing my website. I'm using Microsoft Word.  And, oddly, if I use Firefox to access my website I don't get this annoying message.  ONLY wen I use Word (and presumably Excel). But, why would my website be accessed every single time I open a Word document?    This is just stupid.   

annoying_kaspersky_office365_message.png

On 2/6/2019 at 5:10 PM, silver_mica said:

I don't know where or how to disable Scan Encrypted connections.   How do you turn off Encrypted connections?

Settings -> Additional -> Network -> Encrypted connections scanning -> select "Do not scan encrypted connections"

On 1/30/2019 at 8:33 AM, silver_mica said:

Kaspersky Total Security 19.0.0.1088(d)

Database Release date 1/29/2019 7:03AM

Is "Total Security" ONLY an antivirus program or is it a bunch of bloatware?    I sort of remember removing something with that name - or a similar name - it was offering, basically, a VPN that I didn't want.   I'm only want an antivirus program.

Hey silver_mica, 

Re:  Kaspersky product-icon-ksde.svgSecure Connection,

Kaspersky ship the "free" version irrespective of whether Kaspersky Customers want it or not, this has been raised with Kaspersky as many Kaspersky Customers wish to be able to choose any "additional" features.

To remove this "unwanted" feature:

right click on  Kaspersky product-icon-ksde.svgSecure Connection,

select "Uninstall",

reboot AFTER uninstall is complete

Gone:)!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re FIREFOX, use the following:

• Select [The settings icon in the lower-left cornerSettings] > [Additional] > [Network Settings] scroll to bottom of application page [Mozilla, Firefox & Thunderbird],

options available:

[ ]Scan secure traffic in Mozilla applications (if secure traffic scan is enabled, access to websites via HTTPS protocol may be blocked) - I use this option as a default and have never had an issue.

O Use Windows Certificate Store (recommended) <- by Kaspersky, not Mozilla.

O Use Mozilla certificate store (the certificate must be installed manually) <- This MAY be necessary if you use a FIREFOX MASTER Password. 

Cheers:)!