Andy9834

When I am offline I recieve alerts telling me Kaspersky is unable to access internet.

I recently updated from KIS version 18 to version 19. I have disabled automatic updates (I prefer to do them manually)

When I am offline I recieve alerts telling me Kaspersky is unable to access internet. Why should it need to when I have disabled automatic updates?

I am a bit of a novice but I assumed KIS reqired internet access only for updates.

Any comments appreciated. Cheers.

Andy

I'm sure that internet connection is needed for Kaspersky Security Network (KSN) to work properly, for the database Update functionality (besides that you update the product manually) and for checking the License status.

So, i guess that is why you get those alerts.

Edited by Gjoksi

3 hours ago, Andy9834 said:

I recently updated from KIS version 18 to version 19. I have disabled automatic updates (I prefer to do them manually)

When I am offline I recieve alerts telling me Kaspersky is unable to access internet. Why should it need to when I have disabled automatic updates?

I am a bit of a novice but I assumed KIS reqired internet access only for updates.

Any comments appreciated. Cheers.

Andy

In addition to what Gjoksi has said, you can go to Settings > Additional > Notifications, and turn off those you don't want.

I only have Notify about events checked, and rarely if ever, hear from Kaspersky.  :)

Thanks to both for comments. I will adjust notifications.

I appreciate yor help.

Cheers.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.